• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benged

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I find it interesting everyone moans and groans about prices... Yeah, it's tough right now but I don't complain because I chose a very expensive hobby. Free Market drives the prices on all the websites. One is no better or worse than the next.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Very few of us on here NEED a new gun, right now. So it's best to just cruise the web, and visit your LGS of choice and wait for the one you want. If the price is comfortable, grab it, if not then walk away and wait, another will come along.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've been watching armslist and find it amazing how many people don't know what they are selling. I'm not even talking about people who don't know what generation their gun is, I'm talking about people who don't know nickel from stainless or try to say a 2" barrel is a 3".

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    Personally, I believe in the free market system. It's not just ARMSLIST that has high prices. I recently bid on guns and ammo that ended up going for 4 times what I was willing to pay. High prices, caused by the demand exceeding the supply, will hopefully bring out the unused guns into the market that people were previously too lazy to sell. Manufacturers will increase their production and bring out new models. New manufacturers will start up. Someday, when this madness ends, maybe we will even have a glut of guns and ammo so there can be some real clearance prices. I have learned my lesson, don't wait to get what you want. Part of the problem is just plain old inflation. The dollar is going down in value. Better get used to it. It's going to get worse. The feds are causing it on purpose. A lot of things are worth more today (in dollars, not in real value) in used condition than they cost new a decade ago. Maybe some good will come of it, people will wake up and vote out the trash in Washington.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Impulse buying is what gets people in trouble. A guy at a gun show had a Sig226 for sale like new for $700 I considered buying it since they sell new for $1,000 at GM. I walked away and did some research and found out it was a West Germany model that sold for $599 new. Thank goodness for iPhones and the gun digest book i purchased and put on iBooks.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Armslist is a mixed bag of folks you don't know. I have had varying results. For instance, I bought a Beautiful Colt for a Great price recently, but I have also seen a pistol sold from INGO (just last night) relisted for $125 more after the mags were swapped for cheaper ones (Yeah, I am sure it's the same Gun) and then the OEM mags were listed on Hoosier topics at FREAK OUT prices. I know it is a free market but I don't like the idea of dealing with someone who would commit a felony just to make a few bucks.

I prefer INGO because you have some kind of indication as to what kind of a person you are dealing with. Even though the pistol was sold to another member to start with.

Last edited:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    This isn't anything new. I have gone to local auctions where firearms were listed. I have seen old standard 12 gage single shot shotguns with a retail value of at best $75 sell for $150, once saw an old S&W break open 32 in pretty poor shape sell for over $250 ~ about a $50 gun. I have seen Mossberg 500's sell for $50 more than new ones in a GS.

It is a little worse right now as so many people with no knowledge of firearms want one NOW. Apparently they have the available resources to spend whatever they want - so they do. Only takes 2 bidding on the same firearm to drive the price way beyond retail.

Heck, last spring I decided I wanted a K-31, looked on Gunbroker - they had 3 or four listed. The first 2 went for over $400 + shipping - without a scope. The third one I bought for less than $350 shipped to me, with a scope, and the general appearance was actually better than the $400+ ones. There will always be auctions where a fool and his money are parted. I just don't have to participate!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Armslist is mostly fools who haven't a clue and expect to get $100 more for their used gun than it was worth NIB. However, with that said, I've made the best deals of my life on Armslist. Once in a while, you get the kid or novice who hasn't a clue but in your favor. You have to be quick and meet-up with them ASAP but, if you are lucky enough to get there first, you can get a great deal. I bought a full nickel Sig P228 (not the one in my avatar), absolutely NIB, with the original 2 nickel mags, manual, test target, and original, pristine box, for $675 about a year ago on Armslist from a guy in Bloomington who inherited the gun when his dad died, had no clue of its worth, and just wanted to move it quickly. The same thing sells for $1600+ on GunBroker.

I hope you don't complain about those listing Glocks and the like for $600+ and call them gougers. How is it ok for a buyer to take advantage of the seller but not the other way around?

Top Bottom