• ...and so much more!
  • COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I am a left handed shooter and just reversed my mag release on a basic P365 for thumb manipulation to drop the mags.
    After doing this, I noticed that the release is kind of difficult to depress and it seems the 12 round mag seems to hit my left palm and not dropping fully out of the mag well.
    Read some threads on the Sig forum and found a suggestion to pickup the subject aftermarket item to resolve the problem.
    Other left handers ever advised that they switched back to the right hand configuration to manipulate the release with the index finger. This is counter to how my other handguns are set up.
    Has anyone tried this upgrade and what kind of success or resolution did this aftermarket item provide ?
    Thanks in advance for your input.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’m not a lefty, but my first hand gun was a ruger p85, (yes I rode my dinosaur to the shop to buy it) but it was about as big around as Rosie O’Donnells mouth, and it has an ambidextrous mag release and I couldn’t hit the release with my thumb, so I trained myself to use my “fu” finger!

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I tried this on my 92fs, I'm a southpaw too and when I reversed the mag release it was nigh impossible for me to press hard enough to reliably eject. I went back to right-handed release and use my index finger. No problems letting the mag out, at least on the 92.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I tried this on my 92fs, I'm a southpaw too and when I reversed the mag release it was nigh impossible for me to press hard enough to reliably eject. I went back to right-handed release and use my index finger. No problems letting the mag out, at least on the 92.
    That might be the most cost effective “fix”. That aftermarket extended mag release might help but it’s around 35 bucks. All my other handguns are configured for the left thumb and I was concerned about have one that wasn’t consistent.

Top Bottom