• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'd have a hard time working at a job like McDonalds or a liquor store and not being armed. These folks are just sitting ducks and the bad guys know it.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    sheep said:
    "I'm really shocked. I really am shocked about that in Carmel. We were talking about the security we feel living in this community. That's sad to hear," said resident Sharon Robinson.
    The naiveness of some people is amazing. Carmel, in my opinion, is an easy target. Everyone in Carmel doesn't care that they leave their doors unlocked or their keys in their cars in the garage. I'm surprised there isn't MORE crime in Carmel. Maybe it's because of gas prices, and thieves don't want to drive that far.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The naiveness of some people is amazing. Carmel, in my opinion, is an easy target. Everyone in Carmel doesn't care that they leave their doors unlocked or their keys in their cars in the garage. I'm surprised there isn't MORE crime in Carmel. Maybe it's because of gas prices, and thieves don't want to drive that far.

Fishers crime sprees seem to be making the news as of late. Crooks are very mobile and tend to gravitate to where the money is. If you are going to steal and or rob might as well go for those nicer things ;) Things will worsen as the economy plunges and gas, food prices spiral out of control. Carmel for years had the DWB enforcement which kept the crime rate low. I surmise that this policy has been relaxed and with an impending Obama Presidency (sic) we just all need to prepare for Spike Lee's Chocolate City analogy :D

nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    I think you guys are right in that crime in places where there is money (Carmel, Fishers, Meridian Hills) will increase. Thats why I (living in one of those area's) have increased my security posture a bit.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Fishers crime sprees seem to be making the news as of late. Crooks are very mobile and tend to gravitate to where the money is. If you are going to steal and or rob might as well go for those nicer things ;)
    :+1:

There's been a LOT of new housing in Fishers in the last five years (Lars and I are part of it, and it's expanded 1000% since we moved in). I'm amazed the crime in this area has really only picked up in the last year.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

There's been a LOT of new housing in Fishers in the last five years (Lars and I are part of it, and it's expanded 1000% since we moved in). I'm amazed the crime in this area has really only picked up in the last year.

I think they're moving north because Lawrence is robbed out.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Damn you and Lars building up here and ruining my peaceful town!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Damn you and Lars building up here and ruining my peaceful town!
    I know. The place has just gone downhill since 2003. ;) It's all our fault!
    lol.gif

Virtus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Fishers
    I am sure it won't be long before the HOAs start adding more to their monthly bills for "security". Not like we don't pay enough for HOA crap up here in Fishers anyways (at least in my subdivision).

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Whats DWB?
    Many years ago before the Indiana Criminal Code was re-codified there were many laws that have since been abolished. Vague, illegal or just archaic laws in nature and maybe even civil rights violations; DDW for instance, Drawing a Deadly Weapon. Many others but can't remember them all :rolleyesedit:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Many years ago before the Indiana Criminal Code was re-codified there were many laws that have since been abolished. Vague, illegal or just archaic laws in nature and maybe even civil rights violations; DDW for instance, Drawing a Deadly Weapon. Many others but can't remember them all :rolleyesedit:
    So what is DWB? Deadly Weapon Ban?

Top Bottom