Armed Mother Vs Stalker. Suspect arrested.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Miami News, Fort Lauderdale News, Florida News & Weather Channel 7 Fox Miami WSVN-TV - Local News - Armed mom scares away stalker; suspect arrested

Armed mom scares away stalker; suspect arrested

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (WSVN) -- A stalker is behind bars after an armed mother scares the suspect away from her daughter.

A teenage girl was walking her dog Friday evening, when 43-year-old Raymundo Del Risco of Hialeah, whom she didn't want to talk to, drove up in a pick-up truck. The teen's brother who asked not to be identified explained. "A man had approached her, and was asking her to come to the car and he wanted to see her dog. She told the gentleman no, she really had to go, and the gentleman, from what I heard, kept insisting, 'I just want to see your dog, show me your dog,'" tells the victim's brother.

According to officials, the girl called her mother from her cell phone. "She called her mother to let her know what was going on," said Sergeant Javier Bruzos.

Del Risco pulled over and began to approach the teen. "I think my mother said 'don't get off the phone with me, don't get off the phone,' as my mother was going out the door,'" said the victim's brother.

Police said the girl hid in the gazebo of Coral Gables Elementary, until her mother showed up. "The mother was armed, with a handgun when he, he being the subject, realized that and automatically put his hands up and fled the area," said Bruzos.

The bother of the victim said that the gun probably saved his sister's life. "I think if she had not had the handgun license or the handgun, I don't think this man would have backed off," he said.

The brother of the victim said his mother has practiced at a shooting range and has taken classes, and he couldn't be more proud of her. "My mother was very strong and I'm glad everybody is OK, and the situation turned out like it did," he added.

Police located Del Risco and arrested the suspect. Del Risco does not have a criminal background, but is facing a charge of stalking. He's since bonded out of jail.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    A good reminder that having a firearm for self defense does not always mean you have to shoot the bad guy. In this case the man stopped and fled at the sight of the gun. Which is what we really want isn't it. For the bad people to stop doing bad things.

On a side note, it must not have been a very intimidating dog. I can't see someone acting that way around a girl walking.....

pic-161.jpg

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    A good reminder that having a firearm for self defense does not always mean you have to shoot the bad guy. In this case the man stopped and fled at the sight of the gun. Which is what we really want isn't it. For the bad people to stop doing bad things.

That is the outcome more often than not. I hear about many people "trumping" the criminals weapon and making the threat go away, without having to fire a shot or even draw. I've had that experience three separate times, only drawing once.

Beautiful dog.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

On a side note, it must not have been a very intimidating dog. I can't see someone acting that way around a girl walking.....

pic-161.jpg

That is no dog, that is a horse.

Top Bottom