• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    That's an Austrian 20 rounder (see the white sticker on the floorplate). I have a 30 rounder that looks like a DSA, grabbed a couple of them at the last gun show and a few more 20 round mags of unknown origin. I wanted to have a few options to play with to rule out faulty mags during my test firing.

Might have to do that sometime.

MAG58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    I probably should have showed you how to use that funky extractor tool, since there's a technique to it. Whoops. Sorry.

is that a 30 round mag? Does SARCO have more of those? I am filthy with 20 rounders but would like a few 30's as well.

DS is the best game in town for the 30's as IZZY and FALO extra cap mags are usually pretty pricey. That said, I have a couple of 30's from DS and they're freaking heavy when fully loaded. I'd prefer the 20's just because I don't feel like I'm going to throw my back out when trying to shoot from standing. If you shoot from the bench and have a mile of clearance between the gun and the table, maybe.

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    I probably should have showed you how to use that funky extractor tool, since there's a technique to it. Whoops. Sorry.

DS is the best game in town for the 30's as IZZY and FALO extra cap mags are usually pretty pricey. That said, I have a couple of 30's from DS and they're freaking heavy when fully loaded. I'd prefer the 20's just because I don't feel like I'm going to throw my back out when trying to shoot from standing. If you shoot from the bench and have a mile of clearance between the gun and the table, maybe.

The Argies extractor doesn't work with that tool... or at least not any way I could figure out.

Agreed on the 30s, figured it'd be nice to have just one, doubt I'll get any more.

Update:

Headspacing was easy as pie, will order the locking shoulder in the next couple of days.

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Ran into a couple of issues this weekend...

1. Can't get a pin from the kit to fit the in the charging handle to keep the piece that grabs the bolt in. May have put a scratch or three on the receiver while trying. Going to have to order a smaller roll pin.

2. I think when I took the gas block off to turn down the barrel that I may have deformed the hole that the handguard screw goes through. Should be an easy fix. Handguards need a little trim also.

3. Is the pin for the gas tube the longer silver one or one of the two short black pins (which I figured they both went into the charging handle.)

Delayed the test fire. Locking shoulder is in, seemed a little tight, but did close on a 7.62 round and extracted. Did not let the bolt close under spring pressure, but with two thumbs I was able to close it.

With us closing on the house this weekend, this may be pushed to the back burner for a few weeks.

Top Bottom