Are you gonna be the "S#!t" or are you gonna be the "Fan"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I'm not leaving-could use a few more motivated friends to keep what I have. Some of my family have not a clue.......

I tell them and they roll the eyes............

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    If you live in a sub division, park a giant truck at the entrance. Most gangs of thugs cannot carry much that far, kinda lazy that a way. :-)

syntax357

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Syracuse, Indiana
    Now the world collapses, there is very little that we can do to prepare for that. Be ready for staying, bugging out, whatever, because all might happen.
    My friends and family think I am crazy when I talk about this. My question is how would you know? When they start to round up the population, kickin in doors, takin away all your freedom. Maybe I'm too paranoid! My wife and I had a long talk about this.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    My friends and family think I am crazy when I talk about this. My question is how would you know? When they start to round up the population, kickin in doors, takin away all your freedom. Maybe I'm too paranoid! My wife and I had a long talk about this.
    People may think we are crazy but, I just ask them one question."What if you're WRONG"?:dunno: I can only hope I am the one that is wrong but, I don't think I am.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    One of the things that I think about is "when to act" and "how". Hindsight is always 20/20, but the best time to bug out is before something happens, to be ahead of the curve IMO. I don't think this is always possible as we have work and families and don't want to appear "alarmist".

In my situation, I would like to stay where I'm at, as I really haven't planned on a place to go, and with my resources, the best thing to do would be to prepare what I have and get in touch with other like minded people.

We play all sorts of scenarios and think of how things might happen...like hunting to survive and what not. Yes, it is good to know those things and be prepared to do that, but what about the other 300 million people? What about political forces? If it is TEOTWAWKI, then all things are up for grabs...or what if it's not quite like that, more of a slow decline. Sorta thinking out loud, I think my favorite expression of late has been "we'll see". As it is I'll hope for the best, prepare for the worst as best I can while enjoying my life now and talking with ya'll!

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I think my favorite expression of late has been "we'll see". As it is I'll hope for the best, prepare for the worst as best I can while enjoying my life now and talking with ya'll!
    tried to rep, but i'm out reps to give you.

i think you are right, there is really no where to run to or hide. we have to do our best to make a stand at home. Rally your neighbors. Stand up to the henchmen of the Totalitarian government the best we can, while at the same time being a good friend and neighbor to those around you.

this country, with all its current troubles, is still the best place on earth to live. We should do our best to keep it the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I plan on keeping my family here at the homestead until it's time to relocate, we have a couple of bug out options/locations that are in different geographic locations.

It's always good to have a plan, but make sure you also have a back up plan & it'd also be a really good idea to have a back up to your back up plan too.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have family here in Indy. Ever been in a traffic jam on the interstate? You know it is useless. Off road parallelling the highway will produce a stopper sooner than you think. The ISP has been doing "what if" studies on getting help to Evansville in the event of a natural catastorphe. Guess what they found out? There are no ways to get them help from INDY. So, where are you going to go?

I will stay with my family and do what I can for them. I am a highly trained War Veteran and will do what I can. Will I be able to defeat the "enemy"? No. But I sure can slow them down and that will be my Honor and Duty to my Family; real or extended!

Later.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I like to think that our house is the BO..but honestly its probably my inlaws place.

They are only about a mile away if that, across US52. Have multiple wells, a lake and a good sized treeline/wooded area that is home to many a small game.

It would be a good place for a BO central. Easy to defend as its well off the main roads and access to food and water supplies. :yesway:

Top Bottom