• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    ok, total rookie here so if im asking a dumb question go ahead & drop the piano out the window right on my head ... friend & i tried to swap buttstocks & failed ... mine is a ROGGIO lower w TAPCO 6-position collapsible ... his is a bushmaster fixed(A1?A2?) ... here we go : tapco came off the roggio lower just fine ... bushmaster came off just fine after considerable torque was applied to break loose... all good ... the tapco then screwed smoothly into bushmaster lower A-OK ... however the bushmaster buffer tube would only go about 1/2 of a thread into roggio lower before getting REAL tight & not "feeling" right ... we stopped before buggering up threads on either piece & aborted the project much to both of our disappointments ... any ideas what we ran into ?

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    The Roggios were notorious for having terrible threads cut into them. I had a couple that I sent back to them for this reason. Maybe whoever screwed the tube in initially boogered the threads enough it won't work on the other. Take a closer look at the threads.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    after i picked up the roggio lower, i started hearing about their problems... this is the first issue i have had with it ... i assembled it myself & everything slipped together without issue or effort ... until thjs incident of course !!! i thought the milspec/commercial difference was the external diameter of buffer tube while threads were "supposed" to be same ... could just be a QC tolerance thing ... maybe the roggio is an aluminum boat anchor afterall ??? either way thank you both for your help & input :) i will just have to put my stock back into it & happily blaze away ... put together another lower for my heavy barrel upper

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    after i picked up the roggio lower, i started hearing about their problems... this is the first issue i have had with it ... i assembled it myself & everything slipped together without issue or effort ... until thjs incident of course !!! i thought the milspec/commercial difference was the external diameter of buffer tube while threads were "supposed" to be same ... could just be a QC tolerance thing ... maybe the roggio is an aluminum boat anchor afterall ??? either way thank you both for your help & input :) i will just have to put my stock back into it & happily blaze away ... put together another lower for my heavy barrel upper

Correct, it makes no difference on which type of receiver extension you thread into the receiver. The Roggio's are notorious for having problems. If the threads aren't damaged from a user, I'd contact them to see if they can get you straightened out or try a thread chaser if you can find someone that has one big enough.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    talked w my LGS where i originally bought the lower , he is going to chase threads as soon as he gets back from vacation :) apparently a few others have had to have this done also from same batch as mine ... thanku all for input , advice & even sympathy :) ...

Top Bottom