• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    This! ARs are pretty simple and only require a couple special tools worth owning. Spend the time to learn and reap the lifetime reward.
    I think the biggest problem i fix for diy builders is getting gas system and buffer system just right. I get alot of repairs where they have made the assumption that adjustable gas blocks will fix everything. Really if gas and buffer system are right the only time you need adjustable blocks are when you go from suppressors to unsuppressed. Then AR10s customer has bought $2k worth of parts to figure out upper and lower wont mate properly or ugly and alot more early unlocks. 10s take a bit more homework

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Heck...if you buy the parts, I'll help you nail it together if you bring beer. As long as it's a fairly standard setup/barrel length/gas system/unsuppressed, there should not be any issue.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Heck...if you buy the parts, I'll help you nail it together if you bring beer. As long as it's a fairly standard setup/barrel length/gas system/unsuppressed, there should not be any issue.
    If they would do some basic homework but alot of them will buy good part on sale but not think about a 24 inch 308 barrel with a mid gas then they are having 3 traction problems from early unlock.. but yeah with homework or experience you can build a nice one.. ive been building and fixing for along time, I went with AR10 specifically because at the time alot of people didn't really understand they were not standardized like the 15s

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    If they would do some basic homework but alot of them will buy good part on sale but not think about a 24 inch 308 barrel with a mid gas then they are having 3 traction problems from early unlock.. but yeah with homework or experience you can build a nice one.. ive been building and fixing for along time, I went with AR10 specifically because at the time alot of people didn't really understand they were not standardized like the 15s

Extractiom no 3 traction ^^ typo

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

First "AR" I built was a PSA "PA-10" kit. Still one of my favorite rifles. Built 6 more in 5.56 afterwards. :):

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Oh I dont need the help, I fix these issues for others and build customs to sell

A custom 6.5 grendel i built a.competitor florida.. he won state with it
    af87cfbfc34b8c57080e175bce6a4ff0.jpg

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    First "AR" I built was a PSA "PA-10" kit. Still one of my favorite rifles. Built 6 more in 5.56 afterwards. :):
    I tell ya, if yor new to 10s then a upper/lower combo is.a good.place to start thats for sure.. take a gander at.bcm uppers, i love them because the interferencen fit they have with barrels. I eliminates virtually all the extra things one might have to do.to ensure barrel doesn't need gluded or permatexted

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I tell ya, if yor new to 10s then a upper/lower combo is.a good.place to start thats for sure.. take a gander at.bcm uppers, i love them because the interferencen fit they have with barrels. I eliminates virtually all the extra things one might have to do.to ensure barrel doesn't need gluded or permatexted

My original build was all PSA, so fitment wasn't really a problem. I've since switched out to a lighter weight upper but it fit up just fine. I haven't ventured into building uppers.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    My original build was all PSA, so fitment wasn't really a problem. I've since switched out to a lighter weight upper but it fit up just fine. I haven't ventured into building uppers.
    When you do give bavo company uppers a hard look, they make.solid uppers.. you have to use a blow dryer to relax the upper so the extension will fit.and that equates to no movement to make a consistent accurate rifle when paired with citerion, shilen, faxon and a couple other honorable mentions

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I used to be in the business, and I’ve been around these guns for 30 years as a hobby. I’m intimately familiar with them. When I have an extra few bucks, or some extra time, I assemble a couple more and tuck them away. It’s therapeutic for me. When it’s time to do it again and I’m out of securable storage space, I’ll sometimes look over the collection and decide to get rid of a couple. I hate getting rid of them, but that’s sometimes necessary to facilitate the ability to do it again. It keeps my brain straight sometimes.

Curious, what type of stuff are you looking for?

G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I have built several ARs with everything going well. Just want to find me someone with VAST experience that I can bounce ideas off of.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom