Anyone know where to get Calcium Carbide locally?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Just finished a carbide canon for our Independence day party on 7-1 and had ordered some carbide 2 weeks ago. Well it hasn't showed up yet and I need to find some locally. I have searched the interwebs and haven't found anything.

If any of you could tell me where I can get some Calcium Carbide (brand name is "Bangsite") in or around Indy I'd greatly appreciate it.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just finished a carbide canon for our Independence day party on 7-1 and had ordered some carbide 2 weeks ago. Well it hasn't showed up yet and I need to find some locally. I have searched the interwebs and haven't found anything.

If any of you could tell me where I can get some Calcium Carbide (brand name is "Bangsite") in or around Indy I'd greatly appreciate it.

Call your nearest welding supply shop. We used to buy it there for carbide lamps. Just about any welding supply shop should have it in stock.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    No luck. I've called army surplus stores, weldings supply stores and hobby stores and cant find anyone who has any.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    There are two local hardware shops that have it here in Dubois county, im not talking home depot either, old school hardware shops. Might try to find one up there.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    How much are you looking for? There will be a caving event in southern Indiana the first weekend in August and the vendor usually brings carbide. I canhave her bring extra and purchase it for you so you don't have to register. If you are only looking forma couple of pounds I could be persuaded to sell some of my stash, I have a hundred pounds or so.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Thanks for the suggestions

How about somewhere that sells supplies to coon Hunter's¿

Couldn't find a place like this using the google machine. Lots of suggestions come up for using CC to kill moles and such, nome of them mention how to get it...
    There are two local hardware shops that have it here in Dubois county, im not talking home depot either, old school hardware shops. Might try to find one up there.

Called around to or checked the websites of every small hardware store that popped up on a map search. No luck.

Yeah, I need it by tomorrow.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    How much are you looking for? There will be a caving event in southern Indiana the first weekend in August and the vendor usually brings carbide. I canhave her bring extra and purchase it for you so you don't have to register. If you are only looking forma couple of pounds I could be persuaded to sell some of my stash, I have a hundred pounds or so.

Only really need a few ounces. Unfortunately I need it by tomorrow afternoon. If I can pick it up, would you sell me a pound of it? If so, how much?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    When I was stil in junior high school, we could walk right into the local Ace Hardware and buy it by the can.
    Dunno if that's still possible at hardware stores at all, but it might not hurt to call some of them and ask.
    Even if the store that you call doesn't have it, you might be able to get in touch with someone -- preferably and old-timer -- who might know where to get it in your area.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom