Anyone have experience with Ginex Large Rifle Primers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I have read that they have good ignition but can be difficult to seat due to being a tight fit. This bears out in my own experience with their spp. I expect there to be a lot more feedback on them in the coming months simply because of availability.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I have read that they have good ignition but can be difficult to seat due to being a tight fit. This bears out in my own experience with their spp. I expect there to be a lot more feedback on them in the coming months simply because of availability.
    ^^^What he said.

So far I've only loaded a couple hundred Ginex LRP and shot a few dozen. No misfires, but they were very tight going in. On some brands of brass I actually had to use a primer pocket swager to stretch it out a bit first. So I suspect once you load brass with the Ginex primers, you're likely going to have issues with loose primers if you reuse the same brass with a brand that is actually within spec.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Can anyone with some Ginex primers get out their calipers and see how they measure up to SAAMI standards?
    Just curious if they are "out of spec" or if the they are within tolerances or at the limits of tolerance.
    1703090349909.png

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    With the lack of LRP's, exploring options.

Hoping those with actual experience using these will chime in & share their experiences.
    We have busted more of their SPP than LR in the past 2? years. The last 100 LRP were loaded in PPU 7.62X54R new brass. The pockets are tight to begin with, After seating a few I just ran a pocket reamer through that bag of brass and it made it all much easier.
    I keep one of these on the bench just for the silly problems that sometimes pop up. Its a little strange to learn to use, but its well made and Money well spent.
    If I recall I bought if from a member here.
    I have been known to use the bits in a Dewalt 20V to speed things up.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Can anyone with some Ginex primers get out their calipers and see how they measure up to SAAMI standards?
    Just curious if they are "out of spec" or if the they are within tolerances or at the limits of tolerance.
    View attachment 319959
    Very good idea. Not at home right now, but I will try to get a chance to measure a few when I am, unless someone else beats me to it.

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    View attachment 319959
    I have a ton of Ginex SPPs and they definitely require more force to seat. I busted out the calipers and checked them against CCI and ... believe it or not ... they measure IDENTICAL to me. The With them being the same size, Ginex sides must be more stiff or something.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I have a ton of Ginex SPPs and they definitely require more force to seat. I busted out the calipers and checked them against CCI and ... believe it or not ... they measure IDENTICAL to me. The With them being the same size, Ginex sides must be more stiff or something.
    Hmmm

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I used them in .243,.270 and 30-06, they all went bang. As as everyone said they’re a little snug to seat in the primer pocket.

Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    With the lack of LRP's, exploring options.

Hoping those with actual experience using these will chime in & share their experiences.

Yes, I've used them for about a year on .243, .308, & 6.5x55. Not a terrible number of rounds but have had very good luck with them. No misfires that I remember. As some have pointed out, they can be snug to press. But all in all, better than having no LRP's.

IIRC PRVI Partizan uses Ginex in their ammo. Never had an issue with their ammo either.

Top Bottom