• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I would stay away from the fusion line, it is their "economy" line and I can't tell you how many stories I've heard about breakage. plus they aren't under the normal sog warranty.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I am with Tyler34 on this one. The fusion line uses 420 steel which is not ideal for alot of use. I understand it in a cheapo folder or something but when a knife like the primative looks high speed some tend to want to use it like a Busse which I think would only mean disappointment in the end. I like the looks of the knife though. If you like SOG fixed blades I would save a bit and get a Creed or something.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    In that price range and size, you would be much happier with something from Ethan Becker. 1095 steel, great designer. Ka-bar makes and distributes these now (nee Camillus, nee Blackjack.) Same designer: Ethan Becker.

Same Size (BK9)
    KABK9%5Blarge%5D.jpg

Kabar Becker Knife and Tool Combat Bowie BK9

Slightly smaller BK-7
    KABK7%5Blarge%5D.jpg

Kabar Becker Knife and Tool Combat Utility BK7

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Well I guess we will see. I won an ebay auction for the Jungle Primitive. It was only $25 with $5 shipping and then 10% off so WTH I say for $27 I will take it and beat the hell out of it and see how it fares. Ill let ya know how it turns out...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    That's a good price. I have been looking at them for quite a while. They were discontinued over a year ago. I never bought one because the spine is to thin for me. I have been looking for something like it with a heavier backbone for at least a year now and just can't locate anything.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That's a good price. I have been looking at them for quite a while. They were discontinued over a year ago. I never bought one because the spine is to thin for me. I have been looking for something like it with a heavier backbone for at least a year now and just can't locate anything.

Try something from BKT! Have carried a BKT in combat since '03.

dmpxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009

How about Dark ops?

Dark Ops Knives [ The Black Raven *Back Ordered-Contact a local Dealer* ]

7.jpg

I have the raven and a strato folder and they have surprised the heck out of me. Take a lickin and keep on tickin.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    How about Dark ops?

Dark Ops Knives [ The Black Raven *Back Ordered-Contact a local Dealer* ]

7.jpg

I have the raven and a strato folder and they have surprised the heck out of me. Take a lickin and keep on tickin.

do NOT buy a Dork Ops knife. they are junk. ANY knife brand which reallys on OUTLANDISH claims and terms like "blood grooves to disperse blood stray in deanimation ops" is a complete sham. Dork Ops is a internet ninja knife company. NO ONE who this knife is "supposedly" marketed to uses them. they are a joke. owned by internet commandos, kids, and those who don't know better. the designs look "cool" and has alot of "flare" but the FUNCTION of the knife is nonexsistant. IF the knife makes it through the first 60 second of hard work, your hand is gonna be all chewed up, bloody, and raw. but the knife won't last under hard real world use (soldier, LEO, hunting, general labor, camping, whatever you have, opening boxes might be ok... ) because its a POS.

don't EVER buy a Dork Ops knife. your money is better spent elsewhere, for better tools, by more trustworthy companies who make a GOOD product.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    dmpxd.

i just saw your line under the pic. my post was in NO WAY directed at you personally. i am speaking on the company, the designs, the materials, and the marketing, not you as a consumer. please don't take any of the above personally.

i would be interested in seeing a little bit of a write up and review on the knives, as well as what kind of tasks you ask of them.

dmpxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    do NOT buy a Dork Ops knife. they are junk. ANY knife brand which reallys on OUTLANDISH claims and terms like "blood grooves to disperse blood stray in deanimation ops" is a complete sham. Dork Ops is a internet ninja knife company. NO ONE who this knife is "supposedly" marketed to uses them. they are a joke. owned by internet commandos, kids, and those who don't know better. the designs look "cool" and has alot of "flare" but the FUNCTION of the knife is nonexsistant. IF the knife makes it through the first 60 second of hard work, your hand is gonna be all chewed up, bloody, and raw. but the knife won't last under hard real world use (soldier, LEO, hunting, general labor, camping, whatever you have, opening boxes might be ok... ) because its a POS.

don't EVER buy a Dork Ops knife. your money is better spent elsewhere, for better tools, by more trustworthy companies who make a GOOD product.

dmpxd.

i just saw your line under the pic. my post was in NO WAY directed at you personally. i am speaking on the company, the designs, the materials, and the marketing, not you as a consumer. please don't take any of the above personally.

i would be interested in seeing a little bit of a write up and review on the knives, as well as what kind of tasks you ask of them.

That is the funny thing about the "internets", everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Thank you for expressing yours, and to your post. I am in no way a Soldier, LEO, or anything of the sort. I do have a fair amount of knives, some are case queens, some get the snot beat out of them. The strato folder, admittedly has more use than the raven. However, I have used them both. The only thing I can say is on the comment about: "IF the knife makes it through the first 60 second of hard work, your hand is gonna be all chewed up, bloody, and raw. but the knife won't last " I believe this statement is correct. My hands on initial use of both knives had a very harsh reaction with my callused up hands, I have since used the strato exclusively with gloves for most of my outdoor usage (i.e. it has helped me remove a stump, fixed my families tree house and rope swing, cut a rabbit loose from a barb wired fence, and put new hoses on my brothers 1989 jimmy). That being said I almost immediately wrapped the raven handle, as it has pretty much been used as a machete (chopping stuffing and some low force prying)... There is wear on the finish, but it has stayed relatively sharp. It is challenging to keep sharpened as I am not one to have the patience in sharpening serrartions.

Again just my :twocents:, and everyone should get what works for them. I sense have moved on, and am currently using one of my grandfathers knives that I inherited. G/L

Last edited:

dmpxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009

There is no doubt that alot of people for their own reasons don't like this knife. I found it decent for my uses. I concede to the fact that it may not be ideal for other peoples requirements. Just wanted to add a non-biased, blade loving opinion. I also want to comment that I just mentioned it as an option, never tried to push it on anyone. I said decent, I was surprised, ect... And most importantly I will say a little pricey. I however have never had buyers remorse.

Thank you, D:patriot:

Top Bottom