• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squarepeg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    I almost jumped on the bandwagon before the election and bought an AR15 but told myself I didn't have the money, and I still don't, but am trying to educate myself now. I don't care to much for larger "hunting" rounds as I just want something for plinking. I don't want a .22. I am looking at the 100 yd mark or less for scoped shooting. I also am interested in pistol grip or the option to have a pistol gripped stock.

What are some NEW auto loading rifles I can look at in lets say .223 rem or 5.45x39 or some other equally cheap to shoot cartridge. All I know of are the AR-15 platform and the Ruger Mini-14 and the Keltec SU-16. As of now I am only looking for new rifles, later on I might consider a WWII rifle for a second rifle. Also I figure If I spend in the 800+ range, it will be a ar-15 with a flat top upper, so I am looking for lower cost options.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    AK74 would be a nice option or a standard AK in 7.62x39, but it's more expensive to shoot. Although with the price of AK's right now, I'd suggest just getting an AR, more options, more accurate, and more customizable to suit your needs.
    I wouldn't go with a Mini simply because of the very poor accuracy. If you plan on shooting at one hundred yards, expect to see 5 MOA or larger groups more than likely.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I would stick with the ar15's imo. But if your looking for something WWII, I would look at M1 Carbines. I love to shoot mine

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I think that a Marlin lever action rifle in a 22 magnum caliber might fit the bill pretty nicely. Another caliber that is very popular now is .17HMR. Both rounds are fairly inexpensive and readily available. Savage also offers some inexpensive rifles that you might want to consider in these calibers. These seem to pop up in the clasifieds here pretty regular too. A box of fifty of either of these rounds can be had at Walmart for around $10.

Top Bottom