Any recommendations on AR-15 rails......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdaddybell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Crown Point
    I plan on swapping out my Magpul rail for a 12-15" rail. I've been looking on various website for ideas and the styles and prices are all over the board. I've been looking at the Troy Alpha rail, Bravo, or MRF. Any other suggestions. I'd like to keep the price at $200 or less if possible.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Seekins Precision is at the top of my list when it comes to rails. I've handled a Fortis before too and likes it a lot. Black Rain make some nice keymods as well and I love the clean sturdy look of Noveskes.

For under $200, I like the way the Troy uses the existing barrel nut after you strip it though. YHM makes some great rails for the money.

I just got a 15" CMMG keymod for my 308, simple style, nothing special but so far so good. They're 5.56 rails are a bit cheaper

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    What is your intended use for the rifle? Do you need short and light, do you want to have full rails, are you wanting something in keymod? If you've been researching you should be able to refine your search a little more than just by price. How are you wanting to attach the rail? If you want to utilize the delta ring and not some other mode it will also change your options.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have always liked the Troy Alphas. Have a FDE one sittin on the shelf waiting to replace my Magpul. Just haven't got around to swapping it out yet.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    A vote for Midwest Industries, here. I've used several of their rails and always found them to be tough as nails, very well made and reasonably priced. Not the first complaint outta me.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The troy rails and midwest industries suggested I personally like, There is one that Diamondback makes I am also a huge fan of! There are so many options out there when it comes to rails and bang for your buck that is for sure.

Top Bottom