Any knife experts here or serious collectors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thats a nice knife!!!

I've got an EK commando also. Mine was made in Effingham by the Black Jack knife company. These were the really early ones. It has the cord wrapped handle with the Marine Corp inlays and the WWII, Korea, Viet Nam commemorative inlays as well. At the time I purchased this knife I also purchased an original Chris Reeve made Black Jack 1-7 knife. One of these days I'll post picks.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Go over to Bladeforums and do a search. Searching is restricting to supporting members now due to the server load and number of folks on there but you should be able to do an advanced searched for the Bladeforums site with Google. EK has a proud history... not sure of the exact details - I've read them but not committed them to memory. I seem to recall that the designer lost a lot of money / intellectual property to some either a) poor businessmen or b) shady businessmen.

Blackjack went under and left a lot of folks missing cash. Lots of soap opera behind that one. One of the principles makes outstanding blades and is a master of the craft - no doubt. He still maintains a sub-forum on an alternate blade website. Still... many, many well known folks in the blade industry have come away stung after doing any business with him. I digress...

To redeem myself, I did the search for you. Have fun...

- Google Search

(Hmmm... link may not work. I'm noticing firefox specific info there and, if you're using IE, it may not work for you.)

Top Bottom