• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    these are the current proposed bills regarding firearms that I am aware of. I'm sure there are others, if you are aware of any, pleast post them. these are just rough outlines mostly taken from govtrack.us and many of the bills are far more sinister than the outline implies, i urge you to take this assault on the 2nd amendment seriously and to look into the complete legislation (google search HR # 2013, Thomas.loc.gov has full text of bills). EVEN if you do not own or support ownership of the "assault weapons" as most of these bills will affect you as well

To hope that republicans, the NRA or any other organization will do our dirty work for us may be a mistake that takes decades or longer to reverse. as i understand it many others, including obamas selected task force are still in the process of drafting their resolutions

HR 137 List all prohibited buyers on NICS, require background check for all firearms sales - carolyn mccarthy

HR 138 prohibits large capacity magazines and feeding devices and other purposes - carolyn mccarthy

HR 141 NICS checks for all firearms sales at gun shows - carolyn mccarthy

HR 142 Requires face to face ammunition sales(ban online sales), licensing of ammunition dealers, reporting of bulk sales - carolyn mccarthy

HR 34 Licensing system for buyers of CERTAIN firearms, record database for all sales and other purposes - bobby rush

HR 117 Mandatory registration and licensing of handguns - rush holt

HR 65 Prevent childrens access to firearms (more along the lines of raising ownership ages with extras) - sheila jackson lee

HR 21 provide greater safety in use of firearms (background checks, transfers, permits) - james moran

HR 35 restore safety to schools (text unavailable at this time) - steve stockman

HR 133 Repeal gun free school zone act of 1990(pro 2A) - thomas massie

Least you forget diane feinstein's alleged Assault Weapons Ban which WILL affect rifles, handguns and shotguns requiring NFA registration of any weapon with ONE characteristic from a list of "military characteristics" as well as any weapon with a capacity greater than 10 rounds or by being one of 120 banned by name.

Top Bottom