• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I just dont want one person ruining it for every one on a college campus.

The only people I see consistently ruining it for everyone on college campuses are the active shooters.

Wouldn't it be nice if the next college shooting was just some doofus negligently shooting himself in the foot?

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Yep. They handed me one at 17.

A handgun is much less scary, right?

Shoot they handed me both a m9 and a SAW at 17. God I miss them days at Leonard wood.

I no longer attend a certain campus in indianapolis but when I was and was in ROTC, I did kinda break the rules a tad, I kept a hg in my vehicle. My reasoning was simple. I lived a hr away, had to be at morning traing at 0645 which lasted about an hour, then my first class was at noon. For someone on night shift, I needed sleep so often times, I slept in the back of the vehicle(very dark tinted windows) and with break ins and stuff, I wasn't chancing it, I would put it out of sight but with in reach while sleeping, when I left the vehicle, it went into the locked fireproof safe under the seat. Glad Im done with that crap though

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Maybe they just don't make 17 year olds like they used to. :dunno:

I didn't think anybody ever missed Ft. Lost-in-the-Woods, Misery. :):

Shoot if they've changed that much in just 6yrs, then we're in some serious trouble. As for Fort Lost in the Woods, basic was tough and sucked and pretty miserable. AIT was fun even though we had drill sgts all the way through because the army decided as MPs we needed MP drill sgts. But yes I miss it from time to time, maybe not all of it, but man I was in killer shape and had alot of fun during certain times.

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    Same here... except i have had many guns for a while. almost always have one on me when off campus only of course

I'm 21, IU student, just purchased my first gun and have been carrying it everywhere I can in this wonderful town of Bloomington/off campus.

In my house down here, my roommates and I have 3 guns between us and that number will only get higher. I'm actually curious to how many students own or have access to a gun in this town....

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    For those of you that responded to my post, I apologize. I am slow.

It was meant more as let them carry on campus to defend themselves BUT educate them as well. Teach them what they will have to deal with when given this HUGE responsibility. A little background on the laws regarding carry in their state.
    What to know if you ever actually have to shoot someone.
    Basics on pistol use, targeting, etc.
    Maybe even requiring a Basic Pistol class before school starts if you want to carry on campus.
    I dont remember asking any of you if you were 'ready' when you went to college.
    I just dont want one person ruining it for every one on a college campus.

Requiring a course to carry is anti-2nd amendment. Period.

By all means, school's should offer the class, but it shouldn't be a requirement.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Since you had been anointed by the almighty government to carry, you were automagically transformed, transfigured even, into a perfectfully flawless responsible human being, just like police. Everybody knows that they can do no wrong.

Of course, the gubmint didn't trust him enough to let him have the weapon(s) unsupervised; he had to turn them in when the training day was over. Probably had to recite: "No brass, no ammo, Drill Sergeant!" as well.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Of course, the gubmint didn't trust him enough to let him have the weapon(s) unsupervised; he had to turn them in when the training day was over. Probably had to recite: "No brass, no ammo, Drill Sergeant!" as well.

I am only allowed to have Weapons Loaded when it is deemed needed by the Boss... :rolleyes:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I am only allowed to have Weapons Loaded when it is deemed needed by the Boss... :rolleyes:

And with good reason.
    icon10.gif
    When you get back remind me to tell you the story of a WO1 pilot who forgot how to properly clear her M9...

Top Bottom