• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Beautiful weather and enthusiastic shooters - what more could you want? :rockwoot:

Instructors: usafe7ret, Bill of Rights, DHolder

3 shooters

One new Rifleman! INGO's own jsharmon7 with a 216
    He plinked with his first rifle 2 weeks ago = no bad habits to break

COF:
    Redcoat target
    1" squares
    QDAQT
    AQTs (green)

Photo to come. Bill handed out his first Rifleman Patch!

Some instructor trigger time afterwards and I shot an M1 for the first time, thanks unforgiven1203!
    Why don't I have one yet?

Next Mini is October 17th. Come join the fun.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What a great day to Appleseed! Dholder arrived first and was waiting patiently when I got there. We chatted for a few minutes before DaveD arrived and went to go start setting up the line. Unforgiven1203 and his Luddite ;) friend Bob, from Ohio, and driving separately, another INGO member, JSHarmon7, arrived in short order. With the line set up, we did our safety briefing and our two new Appleseeders were quick to pick up and we had few questions during the day. Once we were able to do so due to range rules, we fired our first Redcoat with Unforgiven1203 realizing he needed to sight in his rifle (New scope) and our other shooters showing potential and ability that needed a bit of shaping. With some instruction, we began to see groups, then tighter groups, until we decided they were ready to play with the big boys... AQT time! (Sadly, we did not have many of the full AQT sheets, so we improvised with Classification AQTs.) Unforgiven1203 posted a personal best of 228, Bob continued to show improvement. We stopped for lunch and chatted some. I regret that we did not use this time to tell any of the Appleseed history. This was the only real regret I had today, for after lunch, JSHarmon7 came back and showed the AQT who was boss, blasting a 216 score out. Once we double-checked my math, I told the little bit of the story that accompanies this event, and as DaveD has said, I had the pleasure of handing him his patch. We took some photos of his Redcoat from the morning next to his AQT to show the comparison and shortly thereafter, we got a surprise.

100_0351.jpg

100_0352.jpg

100_0353.jpg

It seems our newest Rifleman had only shot his first rifle two weeks ago, and that, just out plinking.
    This program works and works well. I am exceptionally pleased with the receptive, openminded, teachable attitude of our shooters in general and these two men especially. JSHarmon7 was very clear in his intention to return for a full shoot and I have my suspicions that Bob will be also.
    Thank you to DHolder for coming out to teach, to DaveD and Cloverdale Conservation Club for hosting the shoot, and most of all to our shooters, without whom we would have no program at all.
    Blessings,
    Bill

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Mini Appleseed AAR

I just wanted to tell Bill of Rights, DHolder, and usafe7ret that I really appreciated all the advice and instruction I received at the Mini! I had a GREAT time out there shooting and learning. It was also great to meet unforgiven1203 and his friend Bob. Sweet Garand!

To anyone who is considering attending the Appleseed program, I would highly recommend it. As shown in the pictures Bill of Rights posted, the program works and you can see a dramatic improvement in your shooting skills. Not to mention the fact that it's a lot of fun and you meet a lot of great people. I am looking forward to shooting at one of the full events now! If there is anyone interested in this this program, please PM me and I will answer any questions you have from a first-timer's point of view. As Bill of Rights and usafe7ret stated, the first time I had really shot a rifle was just two weeks ago. Before that I had shot maybe a handful of rounds here and there through rifles, but not what I would consider truly shooting a rifle for accuracy. I can't think of any better evidence of the effectiveness of this program and of the quality of instruction you get from these guys. Hopefully I will see everyone again at the next event, and maybe some new faces! Thanks again to everyone I met< I really appreciated everything!

Top Bottom