• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So more than likely the gov. will make it more difficult for us to purchase guns. I was curious if you think they will ever make it harder to purchase ammo. Possibly requiring back ground checks and paper work to just buy a box of ammo. Do you think this is possible?

I figured if they are going to have the IRS look into our checking accounts to see if we are paying for health care, this COULD be possible but wasn't too sure.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I tend to think they will just tax the heck out of it. Take it out of reach for a lot of people. They have to raise some funds to pay for health care somehow.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    i think you're on to something. and it may already be happening. they will certainly tax the hell outta it in the near future just like cigarettes and gas. but of course that won't stop us from buying it so there will be restrictions put in place as to who can sell it and documenting the sale and to whom. if this current administration has its way this will happen probably next year once the health care crap boils down. i say, BUY BUY BUY!

eirish2001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The guy at Walmart said they are going to write your name or something on the bullets when you buy them.

Ammunition Accountability Act | FactCheck.org

Bullet.jpg

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Many will try the first chance they get. They have already thrown out ideas about " coded " ammo. I believe it was back in 2008 right here in Indiana, when at least one person tried to introduce HB 1260 as to this effect. It got absolutely no traction then, but who knows what the future holds. Buy while you can and keep it dry. It has a very long shelf life. ;) We can only be sure of one thing.... Either way, it will go up in value at a better rate than our 401-k's.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Ammo will be the first thing to go, they can't ban guns because of our constitution but our constitution doesn't protect our ammo. There will be a 30% tax on it for having lead or some other b.s. and then it will go frm there.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Ammo will be the first thing to go, they can't ban guns because of our constitution but our constitution doesn't protect our ammo. There will be a 30% tax on it for having lead or some other b.s. and then it will go frm there.

You sir are on the right track with this.

They will somehow tie the lead, copper, and brass into someting with the EPA, just like they want to do with CO2

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Think about it, tax it at 1000%, then the folks can't shoot them. Then they will not buy them, then the gun makers go out of business.....I think this is the path they seek.

** Note to reloaders, tax the primers at 10,000% and Powder at 20,000%.

Scary thought huh? And we could not do a darn thing about it.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    You sir are on the right track with this.

They will somehow tie the lead, copper, and brass into someting with the EPA, just like they want to do with CO2

After playing with ammo and not keeping my vitamin C intake up, I was geting lead poisoning, and would feel like I was hung over and always tired

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    The guy at Wal-Mart said we will have to swipe our drivers license for every purchase of ammo and it will go into a Democratic national data base that will keep us from voting!!! :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Aren't they going to be doing something like that in California soon?

Yes! CA passed a law that the governator signed in which ammo will be microstamped by your handgun & when you buy it you will have to provide name & address. Me thinks that it goes into effect in 2011 or was it 2010. Can't recall anymore. :xmad:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

The Constitution protects ammunition as much as it does firearms. Arms is the key term, of which ammunition is a part.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Honestly, I don't think the "communists in charge" will go after guns directly as they will just make ammo so expensive that we can't afford to shoot. Also, if they pass the law wanting to put serial numbers on ammo then you will see it go through the roof along with all importation of ammo will stop.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Do you think this is possible?

Well, of course, you do remember from 1968 to 1986 when you had to give your name and address to buy a box of .22lr, right?:D

We've had ammo restrictions and they were an utter failure.

Even so, all the more reason to up your membership in and get others to join the NRA so we can fight these moronic proposals.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    The Constitution protects ammunition as much as it does firearms. Arms is the key term, of which ammunition is a part.

not so much in a liberals mind.

Yes! CA passed a law that the governator signed in which ammo will be microstamped by your handgun & when you buy it you will have to provide name & address. Me thinks that it goes into effect in 2011 or was it 2010. Can't recall anymore. :xmad:

so you won't be able to buy ammo in CA because the manufactures won't be making any for them? who cares about that hell hole state, If it's so bad why aren't people fleeing?

mik1202002

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Feb 12, 2009
    Greencastle
    Think about it, tax it at 1000%, then the folks can't shoot them. Then they will not buy them, then the gun makers go out of business.....I think this is the path they seek.

** Note to reloaders, tax the primers at 10,000% and Powder at 20,000%.

Scary thought huh? And we could not do a darn thing about it.....

So I should buy 200k primers and at least 200 lbs of powder?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom