• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    So I went to the crosley range today, took my M&P 9mm, the thing ran like a charm until I tried a box of 9mm from American Eagle, FMJ. out of the 50 round box, I had 23 misfires, 21 light primer strikes, 1 split case that stuck in chamber and 1 pop but no kick where the primer went off but the round didnt discharge. I've shot this stuff before and absolutely love it for plinking, this box was brand new, well I bought it on the way to the range today. Its not the pistol as it ran the winchester stuff fine before and after the AE crap. any thoughts on what happned? Should I call the company and complain, would it do any good?

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I think I would let my disatisfaction be known to someone at American Eagle. Do you happen to have any unfired that you could send back to them if requested? Even with cheaper ammo, there should be an expectation that they go bang...

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I think I would let my disatisfaction be known to someone at American Eagle. Do you happen to have any unfired that you could send back to them if requested? Even with cheaper ammo, there should be an expectation that they go bang...

not out of that box, I kept trying it to see how many would actually fire, the ones that fired worked great with no notice-able effect on accuracy. Out of factory ammo, I'm quite disappointed.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

^^^^this^^^^ if my first batch of hand loads can go bang every time, then a factory with years of experience should be able to do that at least. If i was selling my reloads/ hand loads i would want to make it right by you, heck i would double your order to make you happy.

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Maybe a middle man along the way got the ammo wet or had it stored improperly. Does the ammo have sealed primers? Did the packaging look damaged at all?

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Maybe a middle man along the way got the ammo wet or had it stored improperly. Does the ammo have sealed primers? Did the packaging look damaged at all?

Box looked fine, no visual damage on it, no water marks or anything. I'm not sure if the primers are sealed or not, how could i tell?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Thats pretty odd. My wife and I did a class about a year ago we each shot about 500 rounds in a day (1k total). 90% of it was AE-- either 115 or 124. No problems. Oh, that was through an M&P and an XDm.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Yeah, It kind of worries me because I have no less than 1500 rounds from them in various calibers. I'm sure its just a fluke as like I said, I've shot their product before with good results.

I did give them a call this morning, the lady said her manager would call me back when he gets off the phone. That was only 30 minutes ago, so I'll give them time.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Earlier, I was watching Hickok 45 reviewing the new M&P shield and the bulk of the 9mm that he used was 115gr American Eagle brand ammo...
    I watched one recently of him reviewing the Glock 19 gen4, and he had issues with a couple rounds. He seemed (if you watched enough of him, you know what I mean) to most impressed with the CCI/Spear Lawman FMJ, which can be purchased at similar prices. Even on the video, the differences are clear.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Well just got off the phone with them

They are sending me a new box of ammo free of charge and I'm to send the duds into them. Apparently that lot is an older lot, he said it was a little over 2 years old but he didn't think that would have anything to do with it, he's guessing that it came into contact with water at some point in its life to cause that many FTFs.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Well just got off the phone with them

They are sending me a new box of ammo free of charge and I'm to send the duds into them. Apparently that lot is an older lot, he said it was a little over 2 years old but he didn't think that would have anything to do with it, he's guessing that it came into contact with water at some point in its life to cause that many FTFs.

:yesway::yesway: :rockwoot::rockwoot: :draw::draw: :laugh::laugh:
    Good outcome and lots of smileys.

vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    Box looked fine, no visual damage on it, no water marks or anything. I'm not sure if the primers are sealed or not, how could i tell?

If there is a colored ring around the primer it's probably sealed. Usually red. If it were sealed I would be more inclined to say it was a manufacturing issue. You should see if you can find out what happens after they receive the duds.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If there is a colored ring around the primer it's probably sealed. Usually red. If it were sealed I would be more inclined to say it was a manufacturing issue. You should see if you can find out what happens after they receive the duds.

The only primers I have seen sealed is S&B.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I think this is a one off situation ..never had a problem with this ammo and have shot tons of it....check other ammo to make sure you are not getting weak primer strikes...

I did check and use other ammo both before and after I ran this stuff, I'm not getting light or weak strikes at all. After I had these duds, I ran probably 200+ rounds of various ammo including reloads, didn't have any other FTFs. My M&P has eaten everything I can throw at it till these 23 rounds.

No the primers weren't sealed to answer the previous question.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom