• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Now that you have meet the dogs. Have you thought about asking them to stop eating your chickens? :dunno:

But seriously unless it's a good shot a 22 isn't going to drop a dog in its tracks so be prepared for a mess on your hands. I shoot raccoons all the time on our property and it usually takes two shots because they always seem to move.
    Don't worry, I'll put them down quickly and humanely. I'm not in any sort of area where gun-shots will get the cops called. As a matter of fact, my neighbor is a Sheriff's Deputy and he's aware of the situation (he's my prepping buddy and likes my chickens). I really don't even need to use a suppressed low-caliber round.

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    If I hear a bump in the night (or day) I have a firearm with a light ready. No exceptions. I feel for ya though, my neighbor has a medium sized aggressive dog. We have a smaller, calm dog so you can imagine the problem. However, we keep our dog in our yard no exceptions. The neighbor dog is their problem, If it gets aggressive with my family, myself, or my dog, it will be put to sleep...by me.
    \

:+1:

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Your problem sucks, especially now that you have figured out the dogs are nice. I have to agree with earlier posts though. When I was younger, I visited and worked on my grandparents farm every weekend for many years. They had quite a few chickens and occasionally a dog would get interested. At first my grandpa said he used to scare them off once before shooting them, but eventually he just shot them. They always came back. You don't want to have to worry about your chickens all of the time eh?

Do any of them have collars (I didn't read the whole thread.)?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Your problem sucks, especially now that you have figured out the dogs are nice. I have to agree with earlier posts though. When I was younger, I visited and worked on my grandparents farm every weekend for many years. They had quite a few chickens and occasionally a dog would get interested. At first my grandpa said he used to scare them off once before shooting them, but eventually he just shot them. They always came back. You don't want to have to worry about your chickens all of the time eh?

Do any of them have collars (I didn't read the whole thread.)?

One has collar, no tags.

Either way, animal control dropped off a cage today so hopefully we catch at least one of them... Kinda hoping he would have left a couple cages...

Top Bottom