• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a drill press. It's just a table top model, and it's old, but I can bring it if it would help. :)

IMG_1931.jpg

Last edited:

tactical1224

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    LaPorte, IN
    In response to a previous question, yes I will heat treat my bent receiver before coming to the build. Glad to hear someone can bring a spot welder for rails. Pwoller and I plan to drill out all old rivets on our kits prior to the build. Looking forward to gaining some knowledge!! Thanks to all who are helping move this thing forward.

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    I've got one, but I don't have the ability to bring it. [don't have a vehicle with enough room]. I may end up sending my spot welder with a friend of mine. I'm going to have family in town and won't be able to make it there. I'll keep you guys informed!

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Whats the story on barrel's ? I don't see most kits including these nor are that availble. I did see some .308 blanks but I don't really want to machine one unless I have too.

NOTE; I do have a press to lend to the process if I can find something to work with, all the sources I'm looking at are out of stock ??

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Whats the story on barrel's ? I don't see most kits including these nor are that availble. I did see some .308 blanks but I don't really want to machine one unless I have too.

NOTE; I do have a press to lend to the process if I can find something to work with, all the sources I'm looking at are out of stock ??

Well a 308 barrel won't work technically. A standard 7.62x39 uses a .311 diameter bullet not a standard 7.62 (308 caliber) bullet like a 7.62x51. Unless you are going to hand load all of your rounds then its ok. So what you are looking for is a .311 AK spec barrel. Like this. AK barrel blank

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I just found this thread and am in for a build party. I have some complete Romanian G kits that i need to build (with original barrels). I have some tools to bring to the event. 20 ton hydraulic press, tabletop drill press, AK riveting jig.

For those of you who are looking to build an AK it use to be much cheaper than it is know. There was a ban that started at the end of 2005 on importing for non sporting purposes. That is why you don't see any more full kits around anymore. This is also why you see the Saiga's coming into the country looking like "sporting rifles" then converted here in the USA.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom