• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I've been looking for an airsoft platform to train on, and there's a lot of opinions to compliment my full sized M&P9. I've read a lot about the atei costa slide on the Tokyo Maryui frame and the Salient Arma SAI airsoft. But beyond the limited "airsoft" culture, I'm clueless. About a $500 budget and end desireable goal is an M&P styled airsoft, trademarks and slide cuts if possible, but #1 priority is heavy kick and good trigger. I understand it's possible I'll get zero responses! Any suggestions?

chezuki

Human
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've been looking for an airsoft platform to train on, and there's a lot of opinions to compliment my full sized M&P9. I've read a lot about the atei costa slide on the Tokyo Maryui frame and the Salient Arma SAI airsoft. But beyond the limited "airsoft" culture, I'm clueless. About a $500 budget and end desireable goal is an M&P styled airsoft, trademarks and slide cuts if possible, but #1 priority is heavy kick and good trigger. I understand it's possible I'll get zero responses! Any suggestions?

I've used the Glock version in FOF training. This is on my list.

Smith & Wesson Licensed M&P 9 Full Size Airsoft GBB Pistol by VFC - Black (Package: Gun), Airsoft Guns, Gas Airsoft Pistols, SoftAir / Cybergun - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    In the past I used airsoft a lot for FOF training. It is a real mixed bag. I have found that airsoft guns are a lot like staplers, no matter how much you pay for one they still break all the time and you better have plenty of back ups.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I bought an M&P version with blowback. It doesn't kick like a real pistol. I only bought one mag for it as I didn't think I would need it in the limited FoF that I was planning to do.

For up close work it is fine. Every once in a while it will go full auto. Usually after I run a lot thru it. That would not be cool in a class, but the Glocks I used were beyond their prime and wouldn't shoot most times.

I got the blue framed version so nobody could mistake it. First class I used them at a guy came over with a 1911 version that was so real I had to drop the mag and open the slide to be sure it wasn't the wrong gun. Scary stuff to me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I bought an M&P version with blowback. It doesn't kick like a real pistol. I only bought one mag for it as I didn't think I would need it in the limited FoF that I was planning to do.

For up close work it is fine. Every once in a while it will go full auto. Usually after I run a lot thru it. That would not be cool in a class, but the Glocks I used were beyond their prime and wouldn't shoot most times.

I got the blue framed version so nobody could mistake it. First class I used them at a guy came over with a 1911 version that was so real I had to drop the mag and open the slide to be sure it wasn't the wrong gun. Scary stuff to me.

We wrap yellow tape around the grips of all airsoft replicas we use in our FoF classes (learned that from Fortress Defense). Still need to check to verify, but it helps.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    First ones I used were the Glock 17 versions that George has. Those poor things have more rounds thru them than WWII era garands.

Excalibur

Master
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Airsoft is actually how I got into guns back in college. There was a club at the campus with the club president being former British military, so he taught us all the tactics he know. For a while, I started talking lingo the way brits do...in their accent. Then I stopped after a while. It was a lot of fun and good workout training. We would play in the wood during all seasons, even the winter. It was a pretty expensive hobby since we bought camo exactly the same pattern the British Army had issue. Learned everything from uniformity with our "weapons", that is we all use stuff that accept the same magazine, the M16 style so some of us had M4 types and other had the L85. Sidearms are personal choice. That's how I was exposed to the Glock since I carried one.

Good times

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought an XDM replica on close out at Walmart and have thoroughly enjoyed shooting squirrels in my yard from cover. Doesn't seem to hurt them just makes them chatter louder and gets my dog excited when he thinks they are going to fall off the fence.

d_carlos

Plinker
    Jul 25, 2022
    Beaufort
    I've got a decked out Tokyo Marui MWS setup for heavy recoil. Runs like a dream in the summer. Plan to take it back home in Cali and hit up some CQB fields.

Top Bottom