Speedway area

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Though I don't disagree with some that suggest buying bigger, you should stick to your guns if you are set on the Iron. My brother has been riding for over 40 years. He has owned all kinds of bikes. Now at 59, he realizes that he isn't touring, he isn't doing much interstate at all and is mostly just tooling around some back country roads and riding to bike shows or a local car show, maybe a Sonic occasionally.

So he is selling his beloved Road King and is buying an 883 Iron. This will be his second Sportster in his life and somewhere around his 9th bike overall.

You will be the happiest if you buy what you want, not what your friends think you should have.

Besides, with Harley's, if after a year or so of riding you decide you want something bigger, you will find a buyer of your Iron pretty easy. And the slight depreciation is no big deal.

Being one to not leave things alone, I would add some pipes and the Stage 1 kit though. It really woke up my friends Road King when I was riding. My bike would beat his stock RK but after he added the stuff, he smoked me pretty good.:)

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    Yep, That '80 Sporty went thru Hell w/me. I truly regret trading her in.
    Heard the new owner set her on fire the night he took her home.

On a side note to the OP, why not skip the 1200 upgrade and go "Big Bore" w/ a 100"+ kit from NRHS (NRHS - High Performance for your Harley Twin Cam, Evolution, Sportster or Buell! (303)702-1600).
    You will get more bang for your buck.

This. Skip the 1200 upgrade and do a 1250 if you want the most bang for your buck. NRHS is a great company, too.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Yea after really sitting down and thinking about it for like a month deciding what I really wanted out of a bike, I decided that the Ducati fit the bill better than the Harley.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom