Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Intermediate First Aid for the Sportsman 5APR09

Where: Terre Haute Gander Mountain Lodge

When: 10am to 6pm

Gear: All training materials will be supplied

Cost: $95

Lead Instructor: Tom Hildebrand

This course will take you beyond cuts and scrapes to what we really need to know to do until help arrives. Some of the subjects covered will be: What is in Your first aid kit? Primary and secondary surveys. C-spine control and CPR. Environmental, Blunt Force and Gunshot Trauma. Baseline vitals and information the Paramedics will want to know. And we’ll talk about cuts and scrapes, too!

for more information, pm rhino or myself or email:
    john@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com
    joe@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I want to take this class, so I will be there.

Tom is a truly gifted educator for those who have not yet met him. He also brings a combination of experience and education that few if any people have.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This class is tactical enough for anyone out there. Tom has a background that few if any in this state could match. Been there and done that is the proper way to begin his introduction. If you want to learn how to treat wounds and injuries ACT has the man on staff that can teach you anything you want to know. After sitting through two training sessions with him that were eye opening I highly recommend him.

The knowlege base is broad, and the stories are good as well. Real world experience from operations abroad, find that in this state let alone in this price range. Not going to happen.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Given the lack of response, I am curious why we've seen so little interest in this offering.

To those who are reading this, are you not interested in first-aid or emergency medical care, or is it something else? Would a more detailed, bulleted list of topics help? Is it the title of the class that is the problem? Something else?

Let us know, please.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    I'd like to see a more detailed agenda if possible. I'm on the fence right now, that is following Knob Creek Saturday, may have to R O the sub gun match, and won't get back til late, so up early and drive to the Haute, but that could be ok.

Thank You

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I just saw this. I'm intested, but I'd like to see an outline of the topics.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I'd like to see a more detailed agenda if possible. I'm on the fence right now, that is following Knob Creek Saturday, may have to R O the sub gun match, and won't get back til late, so up early and drive to the Haute, but that could be ok.

Thank You

I just saw this. I'm intested, but I'd like to see an outline of the topics.

i'll talk to tom and get a more detailed outline. it will be posted ASAP.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Course outline

I just rec'd this from Tom Hildebrand (ACT lead med instructor) regarding the 05APR09 class (looks like a pretty full day:):):

1. Kinematics of Trauma: Kinetic Energy, Blunt Trauma, Mechanisms of Injury, MVA, Sports Injuries, Blast Injuries, and Penetrating Injuries.

2. Patient Assessment and Management: The Scene, Situation and Safety, Primary Survey, Resuscitation, Secondary Assessment, Definitive Field Care.

3. Airway Management/Thoracic Trauma: Introduction to CPR/ Obstructed Airway, Use of a BVM/Pocket-mask, Rib Fractures/Flailed Chest, Open/Closed Pnuemothorax.

4. Abdominal/Head/Spinal Trauma: Assessment and Management, Evescerations, Concussion/Contusions, Skull Fractures, Epidural/Subdural Hematomas, Spinal Trauma and Management (C-collar placement).

5. Extremity Trauma: Life-Threatening v. Non-Life-Threatening Extremity Trauma, Specific Musculoskeletal Injuries, Wounds, Management.

6. Thermal Trauma: Heat Related Conditions and Injuries, (Hyperthermia, Burns, Chemical) Cold Related Conditions and Injuries (Hypothermia, Rewarming, Frostbite and Chillblains, Immersion Injuries)

7. Hands on Training (Casualty Exercise) "As time permits in a 8-hour class day".

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    OK, I'll be there

This looks like some good stuff. Big plus is for those of us who are First Responder's, EMT's, or Paramedics, this will be good in-service.

Do we need to bring anything?

I'm guessing we sign up through the ACT website.

Thanks,

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    This looks like some good stuff. Big plus is for those of us who are First Responder's, EMT's, or Paramedics, this will be good in-service.

Do we need to bring anything?

I'm guessing we sign up through the ACT website.

Thanks,

thanks, RT. you can just pm me your email and i'll get you the registration materials. and you are correct, this will go a long way towards in service req's.

Top Bottom