• ...and so much more!
  • bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Warning: Pic Heavy!

As some of you read a few weeks ago, I was setting up part of a bachelor party. As part of that, I gave a handgun basics course to 4 new shooters and then headed to the range to put everything together. I set this up because some of them have an interest in handgun and other weapons, but have no knowledge about them. I wanted to give them a positive experience with weapons and introduce them to the wonderful world of weapons.

So here goes the day:

9 am, Class begins
    I cover all aspectes from safety rules, range rules, weapon manipulations, loading/unloading, sighting in, etc. It was a 21 page handout covering all the basics. After going over the handout, we then do some dry fire and I work on correcting their form, grip, loading magazines, how to aim, etc.

dv2k5hxIgmwO--FI-cij1mJKqJnxvg5ryiyz6TKacTs.jpg

2012-09-01_10-46-02_40.jpg

11am After class, we pick up another friend, an experienced shooter, and head for Jasper Pulaski range. As we got there it started pouring, so we waited for it to clear a bit and used that time to anwer any other questions. As the rain lightened up, we got started about 1pm, being the only ones on the 25yd line and there was only one person on the rifle range.

We were at the 25 yrd line. A little far for first timers, but we wanted to get them comfortable with the weapons. We set are targets and got to work. We started them with 2 M&P 40's, Sig Sauer P250, Baretta 96 and S&W 1911TA

The Bachelor getting rounds ready to load.:D
    tMMOCnXbk2Byj03FOxgGO7U0Y5tnZyKP0BQ5cn4FjMQ.jpg

sLfDr0d-VAVsLPQTeSUc2z20mAYcyUOG2DNmVMwKaHw.jpg

SNV11338.jpg

SNV11339.jpg

SNV11352.jpg

As they got more comfortable and better with the handguns, we started to break out some other weapons, Ruger 10/22, Mosin Nagant, Winchester 30-30, 20 guage and 12 guage shotguns. And if you can tell, the smiles went from big to bigger!

z2fBpg2lMlCWjlJBxLtBIiEnvqxLJG3EAGSi6Edln-g.jpg

N12k0AgI56YE4jrSKzl1j_nXH3CF3RlCxX46SQGAhoQ.jpg

NHkQK9e2EtWahmS_aYkl6zbLFVer7DLlXQ7LIMAlICU.jpg

SNV11341.jpg

SNV11347.jpg

I'd say this target didn't make it!!
    EALNksKIOJMghk-ZNrvmFLGsXK02iWkT4ZAZ18D4qaQ.jpg

Playing Pool!!
    bsFhkUVr9O4AYF_WbSqouK_7IZBU_ojvI3EHdbx2Vdc.jpg

So, as the range closed for the day, we all packed up with giant smiles on our faces.:D I always have a blast on the range and I love exposing new people into shooting. I have 2 of them asking about handguns and rifles and ywant to go out and get some now! I think I got them hooked. The other 2 enjoyed their day, but live in the Commie Repubilc of Illinois, so the can't do much in that state.

Over all the day went incredibly well. Nobody got hurt, nobody was a safety violator and everyone has a new found love for firearms. I'd say that was a successfull day!:rockwoot:

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Thank you, its such a great experience to teach new shooters.

Yeah, The guy in the stripped shirt wasn't as into it as much as everyone else through out the day. He had fun, but I don't think it's his cup of tea.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I was just thinking the other day that going to the range would be a good start to a bacherlor party (vs go karts, paint ball, etc.). :ar15:

It definately a great start and a great experience, but it does get pricey, I bought about 1200rnds to use, and thats not including what we already had on hand, plus targets, hearing protections and then the 21page handout for everyone. So it can be very expensive, but its totally worth the money to make your best friend and the wedding party happy!:rockwoot:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I am thinking that my bachelor party will be a nice shooting session, with explosive targets and those bleeding zombie targets. Followed by a nice dinner or lunch out in town somewhere, and then back to the house for video games and drinking the night away.

Making sure to keep the drinking for AFTER the shooting. That part is non negotiable.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I am thinking that my bachelor party will be a nice shooting session, with explosive targets and those bleeding zombie targets. Followed by a nice dinner or lunch out in town somewhere, and then back to the house for video games and drinking the night away.

Making sure to keep the drinking for AFTER the shooting. That part is non negotiable.

That sounds like fun, I would've liked to do that and thought about it. But since we had to go to a public range, I think the DNR would frown upon that. We definately kept the drinking for afterwards. Let us all know how your bachelor party goes.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    what a great idea for a bachelor party. i wish i had friends that were still bachelors. maybe we will have a divorce soon and this will be something to look forward to;)

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    That sounds like fun, I would've liked to do that and thought about it. But since we had to go to a public range, I think the DNR would frown upon that. We definately kept the drinking for afterwards. Let us all know how your bachelor party goes.

My fiancee and I are doing things kind of backwards....we bought a house on 34 acres about 2 months ago, and we're getting married at the end of October. We just couldn't pass up the deal on all of that space, and of course I get my own range! :ar15:

We will be blowing things up, most definitely.

And I will try to document my bachelor party, (if we ever get it arranged,) with my GoPro camera. So we can watch the explosions later in helmet-cam style 720p video at 60fps. :D

Top Bottom