• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    I have a friend in NY who is actively working against every piece of craziness out there. I had a nice conversation with him the other night and told him if he gave me enough time I would be willing to make the drive and stand out there with him. In the course of our conversation I flatly said that if the struggle to RKBA is a natural right (or god given from his PoV, regardless it equates to the same) that ALL Americans have to stand in NY together. An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere????

The civil rights movement in the 50s and 60s wasn't successful imo because of courts but because they gradually swayed public opinion and captured the hearts and minds of the majority of Americans. To do this civil rights leaders and activists had to cross state lines and begin to take the attention of places like Mobile, Montgomery and Jackson to the national level by not making it a fight among the people of the state but of the all the people themselves.

It is my opinion if we are to succeed we must do the exact same thing here. Even as Hoosiers the battle for civilian disarmament in New York is as much our fight as it is theirs. If I claim as a citizen of this nation I am proud of my RKBA then I must defend it in every part of the nation and not just in my local area code. My rights are my rights no matter where I am. If I claim I am a free man with the right to exist in a hostile world with no guarantee for my safety and security other then what I can provide myself then any nation, government or force cannot infringe upon that right without infringing upon my liberties and freedom.

It is my belief that regardless of what they pass in NY that it isn't over. It hasn't ended because it can never end and never will as long as the people demand that their person be recognized as free. In my conscience I am obligated to defend their right to that liberty as I am my own, it is why I am a gun owner in the first place.

If I was able to give this forum and it's members enough notice in advance would we have any volunteers willing to go with me? We'll go with Indiana flags, publically assemble and make it known where we are from and why we are there.

I would just like to see a show of hands of those willing to go or at least might possibly help (gas money and such). With summer time coming around this will be easier to find lodgings and since we would be in western NY camping in good weather might as well be a proverb.

Who's coming with me?
    eGhyN2M0MTI=_o_whos-coming-with-me.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom