• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    After years of sitting on the sidelines when it came to German snipers and realizing my best bet was to go reproduction I decided last year to pick up a reproduction SSR, and a LSR to shoot and enjoy. But I always wanted a High Turret sniper but never seemed to realize the dream, until now. Last August a very high quality set of reproduction HT mounts and scope came available from a very respected collector and I jumped on them. Then I began my search for the correct rifle for the build, and after some searching I picked one up from a buddy of mine last December that I had seen earlier in the year for sale. New Years Eve I shipped it all out to a respected Gunsmith in NY and after he did his magic, he shipped it back to me and it showed up today at my front door.

Its a BYF44, L block K98k in a white glue laminated stock. The mounts are a set of Robert Spielaur High Turret and the scope is a wartime Ajack 4x90. The builder bedded the stock , tuned the action, and even did a wartime "sloppy" solder job on the Mounts, just like the late war HT's are known for.

All that is left is getting a little range time this weekend to try it out.​

Last edited:
    Top Bottom