• Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Hopefully this is the right thread.
    I need to buy a decent slicer for out here in Indiana, I really dont want to buy another used commercial machine.
    What do you all own and are you happy with it, I need to get something to cut semi frozen roast, turkey breast and other meats to smoke jerky.
    I've been looking at the 400 dollar machines on Amazon, I just dont know if they are worth a poop.
    Thanks

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Hopefully this is the right thread.
    I need to buy a decent slicer for out here in Indiana, I really dont want to buy another used commercial machine.
    What do you all own and are you happy with it, I need to get something to cut semi frozen roast, turkey breast and other meats to smoke jerky.
    I've been looking at the 400 dollar machines on Amazon, I just dont know if they are worth a poop.
    Thanks

I can let you know down the road.

Buddy split the purchase of one with me. 200W with 7.5" blades for about $50 each on some pri,e sale". Figured for that it was worth a shot.

I wanted in for slicing smoked pork belly. Figured it would do well for that.

If it doesn't work out, I'm not out much and can decide if something "higher end" would be justified.

Good luck!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I can let you know down the road.

Buddy split the purchase of one with me. 200W with 7.5" blades for about $50 each on some pri,e sale". Figured for that it was worth a shot.

I wanted in for slicing smoked pork belly. Figured it would do well for that.

If it doesn't work out, I'm not out much and can decide if something "higher end" would be justified.

Good luck!
    Thanks, I was looking at the 10" 350watt on Amazon $400.00
    A friend just gave me a mans number about a commercial Berkel. If I can get it right I will go that way again.
    We will see.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Thanks, I was looking at the 10" 350watt on Amazon $400.00
    A friend just gave me a mans number about a commercial Berkel. If I can get it right I will go that way again.
    We will see.

I hit commercial restaurant supply / resale shops from time to time when out and about....have never come across a slicer.

Hope it works out...and good luck!

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    From what I’ve seen, in the butcher factories and maybe normal butcher shops, they literally use a bandsaw. Might be overkill for your needs though.

Would an electric carver work? Or are you wanting it for especially large or frozen pieces?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    From what I’ve seen, in the butcher factories and maybe normal butcher shops, they literally use a bandsaw. Might be overkill for your needs though.

Would an electric carver work? Or are you wanting it for especially large or frozen pieces?
    If I was slicing steaks a band saw would work just fine, We will be using the slicer for making jerky with frozen to semi thawed meats such as tenderloin, roasts, turkey breasts and so on with slices say 1/4" thick and under.
    I believe a slicer is also easier to clean.
    Thanks.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I hit commercial restaurant supply / resale shops from time to time when out and about....have never come across a slicer.

Hope it works out...and good luck!
    I just picked up an Automatic Commercial Hobart and stainless table off Market Place from a guy in Strawtown.
    I will read about it tonight and give it a service tomorrow and then see how it cuts frozen pork loin.
    20230713_124648.jpg
    20230713_124706.jpg

Top Bottom