• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    OK, took my father's day Palmetto AR lower and added a RRA 9mm upper and a slide-fire stock... Today I and 3 of my friends put 1000 rounds at least down range with it, and it was a blast... I've got one dirty rifle to clean and bullets to cast and ammo to load so I can go do it again... And I can't wait till the next time..:rockwoot:

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Out of the 1000+ rounds we probably had 30 FTF, this I blame on the bullet I loaded, home cast Lee TC 124 gr 9mm bullet on top of 4.8 grains of Bullseye. The slide-fire stock definitely works best with heavier loads, we had some light 115gr FMJ loads and it was hard to cycle 3 round bursts. I'm going to order a RN mold and I'm certain that this will end that problem as it was easy to see that the nose of the bullet jammed on the feed ramp. Accuracy was outstanding, we were only shooting out to 25 yards but off a bench using A2 open sights I was easily shooting under 1" groups, pretty much one ragged hole.

I built this just for fun, a noise maker to be sure, and it has fulfilled all my expectations!

Top Bottom