• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Alright guys I am looking for a very very small 9mm for ankle carry. Has to be ambi and have a safety ! Looking for something realiable... this will be EDC for my wife. Trying to stay away from the DB9... Anyone got one to fit the bill???

Would like to stay away from .380 just because I like all our guns being the same caliber.

Thanks in advance for any good answers !

bluestanger66

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I used to carry an LC9. Just took a little getting used to. After a couple times I got used to it with no issues

bluestanger66

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have a G27, haven't tried it with an ankle holster. Seems like it would be a little uncomfortable due to its bulkiness for the ankle.

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    Gen 4 G26 or 27 can be swapped to left hand in about 4 minutes. Its a touch heavy for ankle carry but you might try it. The holster will make all the difference in comfort.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Look at the Sig P938 it should work for you. I love mine

I agree, Just recently got rid of my LC9 for the Sig P938 could not get use to the trigger. Also look into the Equinox model that is the only one that has the really awesome fibreoptic nightsights.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    The only one that comes to mind, is the Sig 938. With the ambi requirement anyway.

Otherwise, I'd say Kahr PM9 or CM9.

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    As one who has done the Navaho rain dance during immanent electrical fecal redistribution.... I beg you, don't even go there. The developer of the ankle holster was probably well intentioned, but obviously never had to use it on the street. Your attacker will most likely get off at least three rounds before you even begin. Don't believe me?...Then its all on you.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    As one who has done the Navaho rain dance during immanent electrical fecal redistribution.... I beg you, don't even go there. The developer of the ankle holster was probably well intentioned, but obviously never had to use it on the street. Your attacker will most likely get off at least three rounds before you even begin. Don't believe me?...Then its all on you.

That's a problem with improper application. I regularly carry a G26 in a Galco ankle glove (btw, the number one reason ankle carry doesn't work for people is poor holster selection). The ankle gun is faster and easier to access than strongside carry when seated, especially when buckled in. Many of us spend much of our day seated. An ankle gun is also much easier to access when mounted on the ground.

If you are trying to outdraw someone so you can trade bullets, regardless of carry method, you're setting yourself up for failure.

BrinNutz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    SBN
    That's a problem with improper application. I regularly carry a G26 in a Galco ankle glove (btw, the number one reason ankle carry doesn't work for people is poor holster selection). The ankle gun is faster and easier to access than strongside carry when seated, especially when buckled in. Many of us spend much of our day seated. An ankle gun is also much easier to access when mounted on the ground.

If you are trying to outdraw someone so you can trade bullets, regardless of carry method, you're setting yourself up for failure.

One thing you can't do with an ankle holster: Draw on the run...

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    One thing you can't do with an ankle holster: Draw on the run...

True. It's a limitation. but what are you going to do when you do get that gun out on the run? Slow down to make accurate shots and increase your exposure to incoming fire or continue to a position where you have cover (and would have an opportunity to stop and draw), then deliver accurate fire?

More concerning, in my opinion is the difficulty accessing an ankle gun in a standing grapple.

Maybe I'll have to put ankle carry in the to-do list for our video reel.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Gen 4 G26 or 27 can be swapped to left hand in about 4 minutes. Its a touch heavy for ankle carry but you might try it. The holster will make all the difference in comfort.

This is true, but they are not true ambi since you can only switch the mag release (half way there), not the slide release. I wish FN would come out with a compact/subcompact line since their ambi stuff is very lefty friendly.
    Sounds like the Sig previously mentioned might be the only truly ambi gun listed so far.

Top Bottom