• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    WTS/WTT a used but good condition 870 Express Magnum that would make a great HD project gun and or a good hunting gun.

I bought this as a home defense project gun myself a few months ago, and was planing on replacing the furniture with a pistol grip stock set. I happened upon a deal on another 870 Express so now I have 2. As much as I'd like to have 2, I really only need 1.

Round Count - I don't know for sure, as I bought it used. I did a thorough field strip of the bolt and action, and there is the normal wear and tear, but I didn't see anything that concerned me. The wood shows pretty normal use, and is the typical style for the 870 express.

I put about 100 rounds of target loads through it the 2nd weekend I had it shooting clays, and it ran perfectly. I've also put 4 boxes of 00 buck through it, 2 with the field bbl and 2 with the 18.5" bbl.

Barrel Options:

• 18.5" Blued (not the matte express finish) cylinder bore barrel made by Mossberg for Remington. Bead sight. Barrel is in very good condition. 2 3/4" or 3".
    • 26" Vent Rib Barrel, Express Matte Finish, with "Modified" Screw In Choke and bead sight. Barrel is in good condition, with normal handling marks on the outside, some polishing on the sharp edges in a few places, and a nice bore. 2 3/4" or 3"
    • 28" Vent Rib Barrel, Express Matte Finish, with "Modified" Screw In Choke and bead sight. Barrel is in great condition, with just normal handling marks on the outside and a nice bore. 2 3/4 or 3"
    Magazine Extension: Tacstar brand +2 (gives 7rd capacity) extension with longer spring. Uses the standard factory magazine follower. This will require some slight modification to the factory magazine tube (drilling out the dimples) to allow the follower to work properly. This is well documented with the 870 Express models and an easy modification. This is the longest extension you can use with an 18.5" barrel without the extension sticking out farther than the end of the barrel.

DSC06685.jpg

DSC06688.jpg

DSC06686.jpg

DSC06687.jpg

DSC06689.jpg

As far as the price, here's a few options:

1. Gun with 18.5" barrel plus choice of 26 or (not both) 28 vent rib and Modified Choke Tube and magazine extension. $425
    2. Gun with 18.5" barrel and magazine extension. $325
    3. After a week or so I may consider splitting up and selling individual parts.
    Helpful info (I used these in doing my research):

Magazine Extension -->
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=518364

Link to 18.5" barrel online -->
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=813264

Link to 26" barrel online -->
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=171238

Link to 28" barrel online -->
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=919708

I'm mostly interested in a cash deal at this point, but might consider trades +/- cash as appropriate for:

.357 revolver
    9mm Glock
    AK-47
    ???

Not interested in any muzzle loaders, or .22's.

FTF within an hour of Seymour. (Indy, L'ville, Bloomington, Lawrenceburg). I'm also planning to go to the gun show in Seymour this Saturday at the National Guard Armory and can meet up there.

PM me with questions or request for more pictures.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom