• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Been shooting ARs 30 yrs and can't recall ever using the FA. Maybe I'm just lucky. :dunno:

I've been driving a car for more than 40 years. Never needed my emergency brake. Maybe I'll have it removed. You know, get rid of all that "dead-weight".

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    I have an M&P 15 sport. Bought it earlier this year and have had zero problems with it. It is a well put together firearm and was well worth the price. My Marine younger brother advised the FA and dust cover would be of no use to me.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ... My Marine younger brother advised the FA and dust cover would be of no use to me.

To each his own, but Eugene Stoner designed the AR (actually M16) with the forward assist and the dust-cover.
    I've never had to use it either, but I'm still glad it's there.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I may be wrong, but I think the original design had neither but was added later.

I believe you're correct Sir. I find the dust cover nice for keeping crud out, and I have used my FA once to get the bolt forward enough to take the upper off the lower. A piece of zip tie stopped the bolt and while I could have drove it forward through the dust cover opening the FA did its job. On a side note AR deals still exist, I sold my complete lower for cheap a couple weeks ago. Not everyone is out for blood. :cool:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    That's an M&P-15 Sport. Before the recent craziness, it was a $650 AR... :ugh:

I bought a used one for that yesterday, and 10 PMAGS for $18 a pop from Cabelas. A little more than what I wanted to pay for the mags, but a hell of a lot better than Ebay, Gunbroker, or the forum classifieds. There is still hope gentleman. Be patient, and don't give into these dick heads out there price gouging.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I would view the forward assist as I do firearms as a whole. I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

However, I never had to use my forward assist either :-)

Top Bottom