• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    To me, the idea of having the states fall in line with federal guidelines, kinda contradicts the idea that the federal government is over stepping their roles, and should relinquish more power to the states. Is it me, or does this go against that philosophy?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    To me, the idea of having the states fall in line with federal guidelines, kinda contradicts the idea that the federal government is over stepping their roles, and should relinquish more power to the states. Is it me, or does this go against that philosophy?

That knife, unfortunately, cuts both ways. As much as a federal law can restrict guns rights among the several states, it seems it could also, in theory at least, undo contradictory laws in places like NJ, NY, CA, etc. In fact I think a constitutional case could be made that since the 2A prohibits federal law from infringing the right to keep and bear arms, a federal law that enhances citizens' rights to keep and bear arms should clearly be constitutional. But we live in an age where right is wrong and left is right and nothing can be counted on any longer. Federal judges make law now and everyone goes along even though making law is reserved exclusively to Congress. Now we even see the President making up his own laws and Congress goes along with it. It's a free-for-all that has the potential to bring about chaos, at least legal chaos. But perhaps that is exactly what some want to happen so they can spring their plan to grab power. How many here would be surprised at a "manufactured" crisis before Obama leaves office "forces" him to declare a state of emergency and martial law? With this President I don't think ANYTHING is beneath him. And that's a very frightening prospect indeed!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I look at it as an issue of "can state law trump the Constitution?"

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's been a corrupt state run by criminal leadership for a long time, not likely to change.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Western NJ is pretty but agreed I hate traveling through and never will with a firearm of any kind. Shoot you can't even pump your own gas there. It is a shame we see things like this. Same with a lot of states in the north east.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I didn't see anything in the article about this, but what exactly, makes a 300-year old gun illegal?

Is it just because it is a gun and was being transported in a car?

And why did the officer want to search the car for a "traffic violation"?

Something is hinky here...

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    I hereby announce a personal embargo on the state of New Jersey and all goods originating from it.

I'm with you on that one... Stuff like this infuriates me so badly I have no words.

Edit: Jee-zus! I just read as much as I could possibly stand of New Jersey's gun laws. Boy do I love Indiana.

Last edited:

blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    Something seems odd about the stop but not necessarily about the gun charge. If he wants to be a test case that's one thing but when he said he told them about the gun because he thought it was legal that's a whole other deal. if he knew it wasn't legal would he still have gotten it? Just because he doesn't know the law doesn't mean it doesn't exist. He didn't set out to be a test case it just happened. I don't really see him as a fighter for gun rights but fighting for his life because he wasn't responsible enough to know the laws. As wrong as the laws are this is not the way to go about changing them. They're changed by your representatives or moving where the laws are more favorable.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yet another in a long line of reasons to avoid that craphole of a state.
    It is and always has been possibly the most anti-gun state in the union, and that takes some doing, with th elikes of MA, CA, IL, an CT on the list.
    I've only been there exactly once, back in 1990, when my ship went to Naval Weapons Station, Earle for an ammo onload (5"/54 caliber!).
    I never even stepped onto the pier, instead helping supervise the onload (I was a Gunner's Mate), then immediately went to sleep after the onload was over.
    Nothing worth seeing there, and I'm glad that I didn't so much as buy a beer to help finance the fascists there with the excise taxes.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Another shining example of NJ law enforcement. You'd think these clowns would learn and quit the BS arrests. At least he went home that night and got an awesome gun collar, he's now been there and done that.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    That knife, unfortunately, cuts both ways. As much as a federal law can restrict guns rights among the several states, it seems it could also, in theory at least, undo contradictory laws in places like NJ, NY, CA, etc. In fact I think a constitutional case could be made that since the 2A prohibits federal law from infringing the right to keep and bear arms, a federal law that enhances citizens' rights to keep and bear arms should clearly be constitutional. But we live in an age where right is wrong and left is right and nothing can be counted on any longer. Federal judges make law now and everyone goes along even though making law is reserved exclusively to Congress. Now we even see the President making up his own laws and Congress goes along with it. It's a free-for-all that has the potential to bring about chaos, at least legal chaos. But perhaps that is exactly what some want to happen so they can spring their plan to grab power. How many here would be surprised at a "manufactured" crisis before Obama leaves office "forces" him to declare a state of emergency and martial law? With this President I don't think ANYTHING is beneath him. And that's a very frightening prospect indeed!

Hasn't that been the plan all along? What do think they have been practicing for?

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Christie has a chance to shine by showing leadership on this and stepping up. Question is, is he sharp enough to realize the opportunity.

Funny guy there you are... And Christie thinks he has a change to the GOP Nom. I don't know who is more liberal/progressive Christie or Jeb. No way.

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to thread-jack...

:ingo:

Top Bottom