• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I own several and they've served me well thru the years but since my supply of "Made in the USA" replacement bulbs have dried up I've only been able to find the "Made in China" crap. The ceramic insulators are garbage which is contributing to the electrical contact points overheating which causes them to fail which leads to replacing the original "Made in the USA" sockets with "Made in China" crap.

I've looked at some LED conversion lamps but have serious misgivings about them, anybody tried them yet? What kind of life are you getting from them? How do they fit? At $30 and up depending on where you get them I'm not too keen on them when I can buy a whole new work light for about 75% more dependent on size.

MAN I LOATHE seeing Made in China on so much of our stuff and we're accepting of it because it's cheap. I'm sure that the CCP military arm is appreciative of our flavor for cheap products though. :ugh:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I just bought some replacement bulbs before Christmas for the tube shape halogen worklights and will be trying them out in next week. I am pretty sure that the ones I got are 300w replacements. I bought them on Amazon, there several different brands but ill bet they all come off the same line in China. They were very cheap.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Halogen tripod lights were great back in the day. But it became one of those things that I was happy to get, but, was even happier to get rid of it. Constantly buying / replacing bulbs, burned flesh more than once on incidental contact, tipped easily (top heavy), bla bla. I've not missed it a split-second since getting a LED. Couple years old now, used regularly, so far so good. And nice being able to work close to it and not get branded. From Menards/China tho.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    We have had a Honeywell Led work light for about three years now. Its on around the perimeter of our kidding barn. it is out in the elements. So far we have been happy with it, would be happier with it if it was made in the US versus assembled in the US.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Watts are not a measure of light anymore than lumens are a measure of electricity.

I know there is no direct conversion

It was based on the light produced (in Lumens) of a 500 watt Incandescent bulb --- so you would have a target Brightness to look for in LED fixtures which would draw considerably less amps / less heat

REF: CNET LED vs Incandescent

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I know there is no direct conversion

It was based on the light produced (in Lumens) of a 500 watt Incandescent bulb --- so you would have a target Brightness to look for in LED fixtures which would draw considerably less amps / less heat

REF: CNET LED vs Incandescent
    Makes good sense. Thank you for the clarification!

We have both in operation, but the LED are a strong, strong favorite.

Top Bottom