• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    A man gunned down Thursday on Chicago's west side marked what police say is the city's 500th homicide of the year. It's a dubious distinction that hasn't occurred since 2008, when the city ended the year with 512 murders.

Sure it's a safe city, NOT :cool: :n00b:

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    fascinating isn't it how these gun laws protect people! i think that we should all want to model our state after Chicago's very strict gun laws. I would fell so much safer. but they will still blame the gun or millions of law biding gun owners for the crime rate.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    More proof gun control really works!! :rolleyes:

I would like to see a study done on how many of those guns are lawfully possessed. :rolleyes:

I would really like to see a study done on how many of these killings were drug/gang related.

Almost EVERY homicide here, i can almost guess what part of town its in before they report it...but our chief of the keystones cops says "We dont have any hard evidence that one side of town has more crime than any other." :dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Chicago radio (WLS, 890AM) just announced that McStreetlight just came out and declared that the 500th murder victim is not a murder victim, but a, dig this, DEATH INVESTIGATION!:rolleyes:

Oh, man, McStreetlight will do anything not to get in the record books.:laugh:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    When will those fools learn, if they want to stop murders they need to pass more gun control. If they are still having murders that just means they don't have enough gun laws yet. They need to pass more gun control, more I tell you.

I mean what else could it be?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A man gunned down Thursday on Chicago's west side marked what police say is the city's 500th homicide of the year. It's a dubious distinction that hasn't occurred since 2008, when the city ended the year with 512 murders.

Sure it's a safe city, NOT :cool: :n00b:

Some people I know up on the southwest side are going to be upset that the city didn't do more work to rack up the high score this year. As far as it not being a safe city, it really depends on where you go. I felt much better about walking around after dark in Chicago than I have in Indianapolis.

Timcor3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Exactly what I posted earlier. And Chicago is supposed to be the model for gun control! How's that working out Rahm? BHO should put the cigs down and check the stats!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Along with the incredibly high murder rate, Chicago already has some of the most, perhaps THE most restrictive gun laws in the country. The corrupt carreer potlicians either don't know how to deal with the gang problem, or don't want to admit to it (which would involve arming law-abiding citizens). The corrupt politicians fight every court ruling in favor of concealed carry, most recently the Federal Appellate court ruling in early December. It's the same old archaic mentality of the IL and Chicago politicians that sustains a self-perpetuating cycle of street violence and anti-gun laws, laws that make victims out of law-abiding citizens, and penalize law-abiding citizens if they should have the audacity to choose to defend themselves. I don't think the cycle will ever end until the people are armed as the US Constitution provides for. I'm afraid Chicago has a very long way to go.

Top Bottom