• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    What brands of 3D printers have you had experiance with and how did you find/choose to purchase it? Are there any companies that you would steer completely away from?
    I have an Ender 3, but I have access to the Prusa i3 MK3 at work.

I have had some minor issues with my Ender but it has been fun for me to learn each time and to fix it all myself.

Altrex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    I have an Ender 3, but I have access to the Prusa i3 MK3 at work.

I have had some minor issues with my Ender but it has been fun for me to learn each time and to fix it all myself.
    Have you calibrated your steps, flow and retraction? Make a huge difference on end results. Supports come off easier and holes need minimal clean up.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Have you calibrated your steps, flow and retraction? Make a huge difference on end results. Supports come off easier and holes need minimal clean up.
    Steps yes, flow and retraction no. I have a small quick retraction test that prints clean and then I sometimes get stringing anyway with the same settings on other prints.

Altrex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    Steps yes, flow and retraction no. I have a small quick retraction test that prints clean and then I sometimes get stringing anyway with the same settings on other prints.
    I have found that stringing had a lot to do with the particular brand of filament and even colors within a brand. Gotta optimize for each. Also forgot to mention the temperature tower. There is a person on youtube that put together a nice printer calibration procedure with tools on github I think. Will find it and post a link.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Yeah I have noticed that I need different temps for different colors. I have a tac board behind my printer that I am trying to keep track of temps on.
    Looking for some cheap kits to build something loud in the future.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    chairmanwon's stipple pack, thats the 19x version. the pla snapped alon the lines, it was printed at .2 layer instead of .15. glass fiber nylon filament just showed up so going to test that stuff next.
    here is the cfpetg sitting in it's new home.
    20220214_135312.jpg

Altrex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    chairmanwon's stipple pack, thats the 19x version. the pla snapped alon the lines, it was printed at .2 layer instead of .15. glass fiber nylon filament just showed up so going to test that stuff next.
    here is the cfpetg sitting in it's new home.
    View attachment 181679
    Did you have to mod for the rail connection or is it accurate to glock dimensions all the way around?

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    This isn’t mine, but is a picture of the digital nimbus labs invader brace with the chairmanwon stippling. I’d like to print one of these at some point.
    To be honest I want to print it and take a deer with my 24 slide on it so that I can unequivocally argue that 3D printed guns can be used to hunt, and are therefore designed for sporting purposes.

Attachments

• D80954E0-CE8E-4130-93F8-25F51D31754B.jpeg
      D80954E0-CE8E-4130-93F8-25F51D31754B.jpeg
      481 KB · Views: 9

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Out of curiosity, where does a person look for firearm related 3d files that won't attract attention... Extremely new to 3d printing, I've only really printed a couple things for the kids and different files for my CNC machine.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    Do your buddies ever get thristy? Have you ever thought of sending a 66mm can of beer down the pipe to them across the way? If so, behold the Canzerfaust.

h0lxdzd6v5p81.jpg

Glow bois, pic is for reference (my balls are not big enough to try one of these)

Top Bottom