• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Imeagher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Was wondering who has experience with light recoiling 38 loads. I have clays and 700-x on hand. The bullet I’m loading is a Missouri bullets 105 gn truncated flat point. Any load data and experience good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I don't use either powder but lots of folks do, as well as the bullet. Just watch your overall length in your rifle. You may find that you need to set them out a bit but probably not. I don't have load data for either handy at the moment. Look at the powder manufacturers sites and use the bottom of the charge range.

Imeagher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks slim. Loading for a vaquero, no rifle yet. Looked at the reloading data but haven’t found exactly what I’m looking for. Figured I could come safely close from info on bullet weights a bit heavier and lighter. Just hoping I’d get lucky with someone on here shooting the same setup.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I use 2.9 grains of Red Dot or 3.5 grains of Trail Boss with a 125 grain RNFP cast from a Lee mold. Good round with little recoil. I wouldn't go any lower.

Top Bottom