• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have heard "rumors" of a +P load for .38 special using Blue dot. Anyone have any experience with +P or non +P loads using Blue dot?

Thanks for any help!

shadohman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Alliant's 2004 Powder manual had 38 special and 38 special +P loads listed using Blue Dot but I have no experience with Blue Dot.
    I do have a pdf copy if that would help.

Last edited:

mssmith44

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Blue Dot is excellent in 357 loads. I have used it in full power 44 mag 38 super and 357 loads. It is a slow burning powder that is great for the magnum cases. It has a nice flame front as well. For low pressure 38 standard or +p loads there are much better powders especially for short barrels. Bullseye is my current choice for 38 special loads.

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Blue dot

I used blue dot to load high performance 9mm loads back in the 70's and early 80's..... Col. Charles Askins printed the load in his book " On pistols & revolvers". It was a "compression" load in the 9mm case, meaning that I had to load a portion of the powder....compress it...then load the rest of the charge on top of it and then seat the bullet..."crunching" the powder as it seated. It ran a 100 gr JHP out of a Smith 59 at an eye popping velocity over my chrono screens. It burned clean and was consistent on shot string velocities.

Top Bottom