• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    I'm starting to plan out how to take 5.56/223 brass and make some 300BLK cases.

Couple questions:
    1) Has this already been discussed in detail and if so can you point me to the discussion? I did a quick search within this forum and could not find a related discussion.
    2) What are some of the best processes & tools/jigs to ensure minimal trimming of the case after cutting it down?

Thanks in advance for the feedback. Cheers!

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I converted 500 using a homemade sliding jig and a Dremel with a cut-off wheel. Trimming to length was a slow process by hand trimmer. YouTube has several videos showing better methods.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Buy a harbor freight cut off saw for 35. Get a 300blk cut off jig on Amazon for 15.
    Run the brass through your dies to form it into 300.
    Buy a wft 300 trimmer and hook it to a drill press for the final trim to length

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    Buy a harbor freight cut off saw for 35. Get a 300blk cut off jig on Amazon for 15.
    That's the direction I was going after reading/watching posts on the interwebs. Thanks for confirming.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    That's the direction I was going after reading/watching posts on the interwebs. Thanks for confirming.
    I have my setup on a 650 with a trim tool head and it was pretty expensive. That route above is the best budget friendly option. Still kind of expensive but it’ll get you quality brass and save you tons of time

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    +1 for this

I jumped on the 300BLK about 12 years ago when once fired brass was impossible to find/afford. Made a few K of my own with the HF cut off saw, home made jig, and a Hornady trimmer and RCB case prep tools. This is when I first learned I was developing arthritis in my hands!! I wish I would have bought the WFT trimmer.

Top Bottom