• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My latest accusation, Remington M540XR , As nice as any Anschutz or Walther as you could want. 2 stage trigger, set at 3 oz right now......amazing rifle View attachment 341896
    I have a Russian CM2 IZ 148 that looks a lot like that. Bought it at the 1500 some years ago and it’s sat in the safe ever since. Came with different sights, a cleaning kit and rod and some other stuff in a big box. Seems like a nice rifle I’ve just never shot it yet. Need to get it out and look it over.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Very nice! I have one on a Series 70 frame as well as a complete ACE. They’re nice but don’t shoot as well as the 41s or MKII Rugers. The Sig P220-22 is also a great shooter. I love the Colts still.
    I also have a factory Ace pistol, and I agree, they are not 41's by any means.
    I have a bull MKII that I bought from Montgomery Wards as my first new handgun as a young man. Loads of people have used it to learn how to shoot over those years.
    I have never though of seeing how accurate it could shoot before. Maybe this summer I will wash off the cosmoline and see how well it shoots.
    I don't have a rim-fire kit for any Sigs, I do have a Cadet kit for my CZ75's and 85 that I have. Like that Colt Ace, its 25+ years old and still new in the box.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I also have a factory Ace pistol, and I agree, they are not 41's by any means.
    I have a bull MKII that I bought from Montgomery Wards as my first new handgun as a young man. Loads of people have used it to learn how to shoot over those years.
    I have never though of seeing how accurate it could shoot before. Maybe this summer I will wash off the cosmoline and see how well it shoots.
    I don't have a rim-fire kit for any Sigs, I do have a Cadet kit for my CZ75's and 85 that I have. Like that Colt Ace, its 25+ years old and still new in the box.
    I have a MKII Government Target and a MKII Competition Target with rings and scope. They both are amazing shooters. I had a 10” MKII Target but sold it a couple years ago. The MKII is my favorite of all the MKs.
    I’d love to have a Kadet or Kadet kit for one of my CZs. I had one years ago but it didn’t fit the Pre Bs so I sold it.
    The Sig 220 I have is an actual 220 in 22 and not the other Sig 22. I was amazed how accurate it is. I have an Sig 22 Conversion for a 228/229 but I’ve never used it.
    Sorry to the OP if I’m posting to much about pistols and not rifles. I’ll have to start talking about them more. I’m going to be thinning the herd some by releasing a 541T, US44, the Ruski CM2, Norinco K98/22 and an STG 22. I’m so far outta the game that I don’t even know values anymore. I’ll be keeping all my CZs and a couple Winchesters. Probably the Walther and Weatherby as well.
    I apologize again for being sp long winded.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have a MKII Government Target and a MKII Competition Target with rings and scope. They both are amazing shooters. I had a 10” MKII Target but sold it a couple years ago. The MKII is my favorite of all the MKs.
    I’d love to have a Kadet or Kadet kit for one of my CZs. I had one years ago but it didn’t fit the Pre Bs so I sold it.
    The Sig 220 I have is an actual 220 in 22 and not the other Sig 22. I was amazed how accurate it is. I have an Sig 22 Conversion for a 228/229 but I’ve never used it.
    Sorry to the OP if I’m posting to much about pistols and not rifles. I’ll have to start talking about them more. I’m going to be thinning the herd some by releasing a 541T, US44, the Ruski CM2, Norinco K98/22 and an STG 22. I’m so far outta the game that I don’t even know values anymore. I’ll be keeping all my CZs and a couple Winchesters. Probably the Walther and Weatherby as well.
    I apologize again for being sp long winded.
    I dont think that I've ever held a MKII Government Model before, Mine is the short fat barrel 5.5" I believe.
    With the Cadet kit I thought they fit both of the Pre B's and the B pistols. I will dig it out and read the book. I bought that one with 2 75's at my cousins store during their yearly friends and family sales sample sale.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I dont think that I've ever held a MKII Government Model before, Mine is the short fat barrel 5.5" I believe.
    With the Cadet kit I thought they fit both of the Pre B's and the B pistols. I will dig it out and read the book. I bought that one with 2 75's at my cousins store during their yearly friends and family sales sample sale.
    The MKII Government Target has the 6 7/8” heavy bbl and adjustable sights. They came with a test target. My problem is my eyes have gotten so bad I can’t see the sights anymore. I have a scope on the Competition Model.
    When I had my Kadet kit was right after they were introduced and were a bit fiddly and all I had was a couple original Pre B 75s. Don’t know if the latter versions fit both or not.
    It’s sad that I’m unable to shoot some of my favorite pieces because my eyes are getting so bad and hands are starting to shake. Shoot em if ya got em!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The MKII Government Target has the 6 7/8” heavy bbl and adjustable sights. They came with a test target. My problem is my eyes have gotten so bad I can’t see the sights anymore. I have a scope on the Competition Model.
    When I had my Kadet kit was right after they were introduced and were a bit fiddly and all I had was a couple original Pre B 75s. Don’t know if the latter versions fit both or not.
    It’s sad that I’m unable to shoot some of my favorite pieces because my eyes are getting so bad and hands are starting to shake. Shoot em if ya got em! :dunno:
    Yea, getting old ain't for girls. I want to say my Kadet is in a blue plastic box.
    Like you I have 2 pre B's, a 85 that I brought home with me from faraway, a new B that I bought from a member here. And a threaded P-09

Edit.
    My Kadet was built in 2002, all of the paperwork just says 75/85 pistols. Looks like 10? Years or so later the Kadet 2 was brought out. So I'm going to guess mine will not fit the B series either.

20240508_090527.jpg 20240508_090536.jpg

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yea, getting old ain't for girls. I want to say my Kadet is in a blue plastic box.
    Like you I have 2 pre B's, a 85 that I brought home with me from faraway, a new B that I bought from a member here. And a threaded P-09

Edit.
    My Kadet was built in 2002, all of the paperwork just says 75/85 pistols. Looks like 10? Years or so later the Kadet 2 was brought out. So I'm going to guess mine will not fit the B series either.

View attachment 351501 View attachment 351502
    Not sure of the difference between the two. I have the 2 Pre Bs, 2 Bs, Compact, PCR, P01, P07, P09 and a 97. I guess you can say I like CZ.
    Rifles include 452s, 455, 457MT, 527 Varmint and a 527 Full Stock. Would love a 453 in 22 and a 550 in 308. Someday maybe as I thin the herd of non CZ stuff.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Not sure of the difference between the two. I have the 2 Pre Bs, 2 Bs, Compact, PCR, P01, P07, P09 and a 97. I guess you can say I like CZ.
    Rifles include 452s, 455, 457MT, 527 Varmint and a 527 Full Stock. Would love a 453 in 22 and a 550 in 308. Someday maybe as I thin the herd of non CZ stuff.
    You need to pray to baby Jesus, Billy Graham, Oral Roberts, Jerry Falwell, Jim Baker and Tammy Faye Baker, Pat Robertson err Joel Osteen... that you can be cured of that affliction.

Top Bottom