• ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    don't be sorry for trying to help

it's these posts that really make things hot. not telling anyone what to do here either.

just though if you thought about it, ho much does this help vs how much it hurts?

in the time it took me to put a couple of these things in my cart and enter my CC info, it went from in stock to out of stock. I can't type fast and that's my trouble not saying this as some sort of plea to let me have anything. More to say that by simply having this posted it disappeared faster than a person can type a CC number.

Imagine a new shooter now who just did the same thing. Think this encourages them or makes them start thinking about selling their new gun because it isn't worth it to fight this hard for ammo. Now think if this sort of an experience makes them like gunowners or hate us?

let the lambasting commence but note, I am simply askling for calm, not controls or anything that might offend the free market. just for once I am asking to see a bigger picture than what your own wallets.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    it would have been just under $100 for 1050 rnds shipped. not great but from the faces on thouse scouts and 4H kids, I guess I lost my mind. :)
    I get you on that. Some times the value is more than the monetary one you see. I've already given a brick to the local BSA. I only had 2 to begin with. I just got my first 22 for my kids this year and was lucky enough to grab 2 bricks the day after I bought it in Feb. I figure it will be back around in due time. Until then, some need it more. Cheers.

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    out of curiosity... what was the price?

Too much!! Looks like they have or had 5250 packs @ $479.99

That is $47.99 for the 525 pack! $0.09 per round! Last box I bought was $19.

I'm sorry, but I'm not panicked enought to pay that for .22's. I'll shoot CF reloads. I can reload .45's for a penny less a round than those .22's.

It's a sad day when you can plink with a .45 cheaper than a .22lr.

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Suxs big time but c h i t Happens :(

Too much!! Looks like they have or had 5250 packs @ $479.99

That is $47.99 for the 525 pack! $0.09 per round! Last box I bought was $19.

I'm sorry, but I'm not panicked enought to pay that for .22's. I'll shoot CF reloads. I can reload .45's for a penny less a round than those .22's.

It's a sad day when you can plink with a .45 cheaper than a .22lr.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Imagine a new shooter now who just did the same thing. Think this encourages them or makes them start thinking about selling their new gun because it isn't worth it to fight this hard for ammo. Now think if this sort of an experience makes them like gunowners or hate us?

My son got his first 22 from his grandfather this Christmas. Unfortunately Grandpa didn't think about getting him ammo too. He's been very patient, but told me recently that he's not excited about it anymore. I keep a watch on all the online stores, gunbot, this forum etc... but can't wait in line at the stores at 7am like others (damn work! LOL).

I know he'll absolutely fall in love with shooting once he gets the chance, but the whole situation really turns him off now. Guess it's a good lesson, but 11 year olds don't like waiting. :):

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    My son got his first 22 from his grandfather this Christmas. Unfortunately Grandpa didn't think about getting him ammo too. He's been very patient, but told me recently that he's not excited about it anymore. I keep a watch on all the online stores, gunbot, this forum etc... but can't wait in line at the stores at 7am like others (damn work! LOL).

I know he'll absolutely fall in love with shooting once he gets the chance, but the whole situation really turns him off now. Guess it's a good lesson, but 11 year olds don't like waiting. :):

I have some .22 LR (525 rds) that was recently given to me, as I thought I was low on .22... I forgot about the 1500 rounds I had stashed away...:dunno: I could give it to you so you can take your son out with his gift. I only request once the insanity calms down that you pay if forward to someone else who needs some ammo. Oh, and consider taking him to an Appleseed, it is an experience that will stay with him forever! ;)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    My son got his first 22 from his grandfather this Christmas. Unfortunately Grandpa didn't think about getting him ammo too. He's been very patient, but told me recently that he's not excited about it anymore.

had you said something BEFORE I gave all of my .22 LR away to the other needy kids... :)
    ammo prices got to get better one day. hope its soon.

(get your rotten eggs ready to throw and don't forget your rotten veggies!)
    I still think if we could all just relax somewhat and stop running from here to there every time there's an ammo sighting, all of this would go away.
    I also know that as herd animals, humans don't simmer down easily once they've been spooked.
    The trick is to remember your a human rather than to act like the herd animal...

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    had you said something BEFORE I gave all of my .22 LR away to the other needy kids... :)

(get your rotten eggs ready to throw and don't forget your rotten veggies!)
    I still think if we could all just relax somewhat and stop running from here to there every time there's an ammo sighting, all of this would go away.
    I also know that as herd animals, humans don't simmer down easily once they've been spooked.
    The trick is to remember your a human rather than to act like the herd animal...

Indeed many folks should calm down or they might find themselves immediately jumping on a purchase of 22lr for $50/box :D

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yeah, bad me. Did it for the kids. Oops, I won't do it again either.

I don't have any and at this point it just isn't worth it to try and help. Screw them little kids.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land

Joe,

I see you'll located in SE Indiana, If you'd be willing to meet me somewhere, half way from the Columbus/Seymour area, I've got 2 - 50 rd boxes of Remington Thunderbolts I will give you, to help get your son going. It's not much but maybe it'll hold him over and keep him interested. I no longer shoot Thunderbolts, my gun likes CCI mini mags much better, so I've had these sitting in my ammo can for a couple years. :D ;)

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Rural King at 1:15 today, while the truck was still unloading at the dock, and the line was getting longer by the minute.

RuralKing.jpg

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Reminds me of the pics of the Russian bread lines during the cold war. Ridiculous. I've given up for now. It will be there when it is. 90% of these people are going to resell it. I can almost guarantee it.

Top Bottom