• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    My father and I walked in around 4:45 this afternoon with a hello from everyone behind the counter, who were all busy with customers at the time.

We browsed around for a litte bit, checking out some reloading equipment, optics, and were able to speak with the owner, David. First off, if you have no sense of humor, then David isn't the guy to talk to. He was a cool guy from the get-go, joking around with us the whole time we were there.

He spent nearly the next hour showing us most of his line of .45 handguns while welcoming anyone who entered the store. We came in looking for Springfield XD45 Compacts, and he said he could order them for us and quoted us a great price. He then mentioned for us to take a look at everything else he's got. He wasn't pushy nor did he try to get us out the door quickly with our money in his hand. He was even honest when I asked him if he'd fired either the XD Compact or the FNH FNP45 that we were looking at as well. Some guys you talk to have shot everything and know everything about every gun out there. David didn't do that.

Anyways, It wasn't long before we were checking out a variety of .45 handguns, and during our discussions he never let us forget that we could just order the XDs that we were previously set on getting. He encouraged us to dry-fire each one so we could get the best feel of them we could. He even left us alone for a few minutes while fingering a few other models he laid out for us, which is extremely rare nowadays as many shops' employees keep you on an extremely short leash and always keep an eye on you.

We eventually decided on going with FNHs FNP-45s instead of ordering XD45Cs due to the ambi-controls on the FNP45 (I'm a lefty), and the fact I felt more comforable with the FNP45. The only difference I felt between the two was that the XDC has a shorter grip for carrying with the 10+1 mags in them, but even with the 13+1 fullsized mags it was still 1 under par than the FNP45s 14+1 capacity.

David, even though you're a Glock guy :D, thanks for the hospitality and the knowledge that you shared with us today. My father and I both agree that we have never been into a gun shop that treated us so well. We felt as if we were old friends just talking about guns with the occasional joke thrown in for good measure. You can bet on us coming to you for anything gun related in the future for sure.

:yesway: :yesway:

Bryce

Top Bottom