• ...and so much more!
  • Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Official 23/24 squirrel busting thread. Everybody ready? Trying anything new this year? Anyone run Feist dogs.

I'm looking forward to getting out this year. Going to stick with a 410 shotty and my Feist dog. Cheers and good luck!

Got the rimfires ready. Been watching them cut walnut all week. Hopefully weather is kind come Tuesday

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    M-rod sitting by the back door, on varmint patrol. On squirrel patrol on the 15th.

P-rod doing same work, hanging by the shop window.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Official 23/24 squirrel busting thread. Everybody ready? Trying anything new this year? Anyone run Feist dogs.

I'm looking forward to getting out this year. Going to stick with a 410 shotty and my Feist dog. Cheers and good luck!
    If your Feist is any account at all, you're going to get addicted. I used to care very little for tree rat hunting until I go my Feist. What a hoot it is.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I got into it quite some time ago. Found out about Feist dogs and my wife got me one for my birthday. Dog just turned 2 and is getting better. It is really fun!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I was packing up my fhf chest rig last night. Need to pick up some more 4 shot 12ga could have swore I had a couple boxes but I guess I only have 9 rounds. Need to confirm zero on the .22s and air rifles too. Oldest is going to tag along this year we're going to paint our faces and make a big deal about it to make it more fun and exciting for her.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I could always remember the first day of squirrel season because it was my mothers birthday. I plan to be out if the weather is nice but I have to mow off some trails also. Guess I will flip a coin on Tuesday...

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    I got into it quite some time ago. Found out about Feist dogs and my wife got me one for my birthday. Dog just turned 2 and is getting better. It is really fun!
    Neighbor kids take our old cow dog out and he loves it. Toss a stick to the other side of the tree for the dog and around comes the squirrel. Dog comes home happy and so do the kids. thats what it is all about.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    First day of season, 72 year old hunter, shot by another. :xmad:

Indiana Department of Natural Resources

Monrovia man injured in hunting accident (Monroe County)​

Indiana Department of Natural Resources sent this bulletin at 08/16/2023 11:30 AM EDT
    Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.​

Law Enforcement

Indiana Department of Natural Resources
    402 W. Washington St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46204

For immediate release: August 16, 2023

Monrovia man injured in hunting accident (Monroe County)
    Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating a hunting accident that occurred Tuesday morning at Morgan-Monroe State Forest.
    At approximately 8 a.m., emergency personnel were dispatched to the Morgan-Monroe State Forest property office to assist an individual who stated he had been shot while hunting.
    William Long, 72, of Monrovia, reported that he was shot by another hunter in the area while squirrel hunting. The incident is currently under investigation.
    Long was transported to Morgan County Hospital in good condition for medical treatment and was later released.

Indiana Conservation Officers remind hunters to always identify their target and be aware of what is around it before shooting in the field.
    Assisting agencies include Indiana University Health Ambulance and the Monroe County Fire Department.
    Media Contact: ICO Brent Bohbrink, DNR Law Enforcement, Bbohbrink@dnr.IN.gov, 812-320-9817

Top Bottom