WTS: 2004 dodge ram 4x4 (needs some work)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • z0mb13_m0nk3y

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Indy
    Ok. Putting this out there. Dodge Ram 1500. Quad cab SLT. 5.7 Hemi. 140k miles. 4wheel drive works great. I have been wanting to fix everything on this truck and keep it but times have gotten tough and money to put into this is very hard to come by. Truck runs good but has a lifter that is collapsing. This causes a good clicking sound (more than the average hemi tick) because of the rocker having a small amount of play when the valve is fully closed. I have replaced the pushrods and it will run great to get it where you need to but the lifter needs replaced before calling this a daily driver. The dealerships charge between 1200 and 1500 for this. If you're mechanicly inclined this can be done for roughly $100 in parts. Next up is the brakes need replaced. The front rotors also. Drivers side power door locks do not work. I've taken it apart an it functions as a normal door lock. New actuator is $56.
    The rest is cosmetic. Passenger side bed panel is pretty severely dented, drivers side mirror is broken but functional, interior is not horrible but the vinyl is cracked pretty bad on the console, has hail dents on good and roof, both dog lamps have been broken from rocks, has some rust starting on corner of hood and rear bumper. Has normal scratches and dings here and there from being a 10 yr old truck.
    Aftermarket 17" American Racing wheels and toyo open country tires are in good shape. Around 15000 miles on tires.

I wish I had the time and money to be able to do this all myself and make this truck worth quite a bit more but it's just not gonna be able to happen for quite some time. My prices on parts are from rockauto.com. They are one of the best out there. Blue book puts value of this truck in fair condition at $8400.

With all that said I'd like to get $4000 obo. With a little work this can be an awesome first truck for your son or a great work truck.

I really need cash now but would accept gun trades to knock it down a bit. Hunting rifles, tactical rifles, .45 handguns, .357 or .44 wheel guns.

please pm with any offers or questions.

Top Bottom