• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yes, I did it. I actually went out and bought a Glock 20SF and after one range trip, I'm very happy with it. Happy enough that I'll probably use this for daily carry once it's broken in. So far, I've run 50 rounds through it with only one failure and that was a stovepipe. To be honest, I did not expect any issues and that one failure officially makes this gun less reliable than my Kimber Ultra that I recently sold. I had around 600 rounds of trouble free shooting with that gun.

That one issue aside, I'm very happy with the Glock. In the past, I've not done well when shooting a Glock, but this one seems to fit and point nicely. I do like the consistency of where it drops brass (when it does eject properly) since chasing 10mm brass is a fact of life for most that shoot 10mm. My Delta Elite is pretty consistent as well, but my Witness in 10mm throws the brass all over the place.

I don't' think this will make me sell a 1911 or CZ, but it does give me a good winter carry gun as well as a gun that I don't mind crawling around under cars while carrying. I may pick up a Glock 29SF to go along with it if this one works out.

IMAG1603.jpg

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    :dunno: Nothing wrong with that.

I own 3 1911s and will have 2 Glocks when I get my 17 out. Ill probably add a 21SF too If I can down the road.

Great choice and happy shooting my fellow 1911/Glock owner.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks guys. It really does not feel much different than my 45s. When I compare shooting a Delta Elite in 10mm to a standard Springfield Mil-Spec 1911, they feel just about the same to me, and this is with a fairly hot 1250fps hand load. The thing I really like is the 15+1 capacity.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nothing wrong with crossing over. I had a plastic gun for EDC a while back. It was light and ran well. If I dropped it or it went to the evidence locker I would not need therapy as I would if one of my 1911's received the same treatment. I remedied this with a mil-spec Para GI. It has been dropped, tossed, lost (fell out of the Kubota in the woods) etc and is none the worse for wear.
    Enjoy the new hand gun.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Nothing wrong with crossing over. I had a plastic gun for EDC a while back. It was light and ran well. If I dropped it or it went to the evidence locker I would not need therapy as I would if one of my 1911's received the same treatment. I remedied this with a mil-spec Para GI. It has been dropped, tossed, lost (fell out of the Kubota in the woods) etc and is none the worse for wear.
    Enjoy the new hand gun.

:): I had a Para Gi for awhile too I EDC, it strangey enough dissapeared! :cool: Maybe my Glock's ate it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The thing that is really surprising is the trigger. I've always hated the feel of a Glock trigger when dry firing one but when shooting one you don't feel that sponginess. I guess your brain is occupied with sight alignment and just does not register much regarding the trigger feel. Whatever the case, I find it easy to get used to.

The other thing I really like is not having to worry about messing a nice gun up. All of my other guns have a decent finish and are carried in a nice, expensive horsehide custom holster and I cringe when I realize I forgot to take the gun or holster off when I'm working on the car or something. I picked up a Blackhawk CQC Serpa retention holster for $39 and am happy with that. It's just as ugly as the Glock, so there is no problem getting it dinged up. It's like having a really nice car, but taking your beater when you go to the mall. Much less stress involved that way.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ive owned 10+ 1911's and 3 Glocks. I currently only own 1911's but am about to purchase a Glock 21SF. I have small hands so the SF is a must for me. Glocks are a hell of a firearm. And there are accessories galore for a Glock. And about every Local Gun Store has a Glock Armoer on hand or knows of one. NTH3 will be my go to guy for Glock work. Local guy and most of the gun store i frequent recomend him.

Top Bottom