• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wilson380AR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Every time I go to the 1500 and get to the ticket counter anxiety starts to set in until I get past the firearm check-in. The rest if the day goes really smooth with a low heart rate. Just something about people upholstering, unzipping or removing a gun from the case and sweeping the area. I swear 75% of the attendees do not know there is a barrel outside the doors to check for a chambered round.

It would be nice to see an officer or at least someone on the exterior near the entry informing attendees of the barrel.

:ingo:

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I usually am well past the check station by the time I stop thinking about the REALLY nice looking lady that just sold me my ticket > :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wait, I've never been to one of these. Explain the procedure of carrying and entering the 1500 to me like I was five.

Before you go in the doors, there is a sand barrel out front you can check your weapon in (point into barrel, rack the slide and collect any round that comes out). if you have an ND, it goes into the barrel instead of somewhere it can do some damage.

After you get your ticket, immediately inside the doors is a table where you have to have your weapon inspected if you're carrying. The officer will ask you to have the slide locked back and will put a zip tie around the chamber so you can't close the slide/load the weapon. The tie has to stay in while you're in the show, unless you're having work done on the gun, in which case it'll be cut off and a new one put back before you get it back.

If you haven't been to one of these shows, it's well worth a visit.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Before you go in the doors, there is a sand barrel out front you can check your weapon in (point into barrel, rack the slide and collect any round that comes out). if you have an ND, it goes into the barrel instead of somewhere it can do some damage.

After you get your ticket, immediately inside the doors is a table where you have to have your weapon inspected if you're carrying. The officer will ask you to have the slide locked back and will put a zip tie around the chamber so you can't close the slide/load the weapon. The tie has to stay in while you're in the show, unless you're having work done on the gun, in which case it'll be cut off and a new one put back before you get it back.

If you haven't been to one of these shows, it's well worth a visit.

Interesting. I wasn't aware that you couldn't properly carry at one of these events.

So with the ziptie in, does anyone have a picture of that? Would that impact your ability to have your gun properly holstered?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Interesting. I wasn't aware that you couldn't properly carry at one of these events.

So with the ziptie in, does anyone have a picture of that? Would that impact your ability to have your gun properly holstered?

One time I bought a holster at a 1500 for an unusual gun, a Taurus PT908, a single stack 9mm vaguely similar to a Sig P226; I was trying to buy a holster for it some time around 2008, which was about ten years after the gun went off the market. The holster-seller fitted my gun to one of his wares with the zip tie on. It was a good fit that way. But once I took the zip tie off, not so much. (The seller took it back the next time I saw them.)

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I cannot immagine the stress those cops at the front of the 1500 are under when every idiot in the state shows up with a weapon that has to be messed with. Can you immagine how many times theyare sweeped by people unloading guns? I certainly would not have the temperment to do that job.

AR50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    southside
    I tend to get anxious as well. What disturbs me almost as much are the local kids who are under 18 that drop in the event as if they are seriously looking to purchase. I don't think any unaccompanied minor(s) should be allowed into the event.

Top Bottom