• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I was reading about the quality of the finish on 10/22 going down hill so I looked at my 10/22s.

Here is the finish on the bolts..... while it doesn't seem to affect the operation of the gun it was interesting to see the difference in the finish.

Here is my new one, notice the machining marks.

10-22bolts002.jpg

Here is the one that is a few years old.

10-22bolts2001.jpg

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    It is our own faults for the poor polish job

I was reading about the quality of the finish on 10/22 going down hill so I looked at my 10/22s. Here is the finish on the bolts..... while it doesn't seem to affect the operation of the gun it was interesting to see the difference in the finish.
    /quote]

If we didn't insist on the US Government deporting all the illegal aliens Ruger would have cheap help to polish this metal better. Being serious the reason for the cutter marks is they are running their CNC machines at highter speeds then they should and a wider step between cuts which produces a rougher surface. They need to do hand polishing if they don't get a smooth finish coming off the machines and obvously they don't have the time with all of us crying for our guns. I bet when the bubble finally pops you will start seeing little improvements like a better polish job.

Last edited:

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    It's really not there to be pretty. I have never met anyone who had a collector 10 22. Just got one and it has "some" tiny marks but nothing like the one on the top. I have to agree. I like the machined look.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I took my bolt out today to install a VQ extractor, and really got to looking at one. Now this is the first one I've owned, granted, bought it less then two weeks ago, but I've messed with a fair few of them.

The marks. They are bad. Not trying to hate, but don't give me **** about them being there to retain lubricants, it's just bad tooling. I'm definitely gonna get the sucker jeweled, even though it's an Appleseed gun, it's still just plain ugly.

But where I come out is hey, I paid $220 out the door, NIB, and got the best auto-loading .22 on the market. I'm willing to put some time, money, and effort into turning this thing into a real sweet shooter. Wait 'till I post pictures of my 22/45 when it's all done. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom