• ...and so much more!
  • Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    From another site:

For those of you who haven't heard, Dr. Ignatius Piazza is using the dash cam death video of Laurens County, GA Deputy Kyle Dinkheller for promotional and advertising purposes. This is a very graphic and disturbing video that may have a purpose in LE training, but not in public advertising for a private company.

I will not link to the video or the website, but those who wish to know about this firsthand can surely find it on their own. I have emailed Front Sight to let them know how disgusted I am by their usage of the video to promote their business. It would be awful for the deceased's family to have to see and hear the death of their loved one being used for a company's personal gain.

I post this in the hopes that others will let Front Sight know that this type of behavior is inappropriate and should be stopped. Thank You.
    My email to Piazza

Dear Dirtbag,

I'd use "sir" but clearly you don't qualify.

I find your use of a video that shows a man's death as a marketing campaign ghoulish and mercenary in the extreme.

I'm one that won't be using your school and I will vigorously encourage others to avoid you as well.

Your actions are beyond understanding and are blatantly self-serving.

You have done the law-abiding gun community a great disservice.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I call on you to cease and desist this detestable marketing ploy immediately and to publish a written apology to Deputy Dinkheller's family and associates.

Sincerely,
    Dirtbag's Contact info:

info@frontsight.com

Ignatius@frontsight.com

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Yep sounds like him!!

Hope the Teaparty guys realize who they went to bed with I will not support them as long as they are working with him.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I first saw this video a number of years ago; it's not an easy one to watch. For me, the most chilling part is hearing the officer laboring to take his last breaths as the perp speeds away.

Piazza makes some legitimate points in his analysis, but using this video as an advertising tool is low, even for him.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I felt bad about this until I watched the video... I am now outraged!!!

Dear Money Hungry Dirtbag,

I'd use "sir" but clearly you don't qualify. This might be a canned letter, but I find it incredibly fitting, so I will just use it none the same!

I find your use of a video that shows a man's death as a marketing campaign ghoulish and mercenary in the extreme.

I'm one that won't be using your school and I will vigorously encourage others to avoid you as well.

Your actions are beyond understanding and are blatantly self-serving. You greed for money is discussing.

You have done the law-abiding gun community a great disservice.

You should be ashamed of yourself. He was a proud member of "our" public service society.

I call on you to cease and desist this detestable marketing ploy immediately and to publish a written apology to Deputy Dinkheller's family and associates.

Sincerely,

Matthew P. Heithoff
    Lifesavers LLC.
    Indianapolis, IN

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    That video just ruined my day, to think that someone could see a video like that and think to use it as a promotional tool is disgusting. I've always been under the impression that frontsight was a scam but now its clear that the facility has nothing to do with arming people with the tools to survive and everything to do with making money at all costs.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My thoughts on the Frontsight organization have been belabored enough, but this is a new low even for them.

I have seen this video, like others here, many times before. It has been used by a good many instructors (some even on this board) as a training tool. I have no issues with that use of this kind of video. Although difficult to watch, and even harder to critique, I think we owe it to the memory of the officers involved in these types of events, and their families to learn all we can to prevent it from happening again. We owe it to those we will train in the future to be ruthlessly critical of everyone’s actions whenever we have a chance to learn from this type of incident.

The problem is when (as Frontsight has chosen to do here) it turns into a marketing or profiteering review, you’re no longer respecting the sacrifices made by those involved, or the losses of their family. I expect more from those “in the business” but sadly, there are those who don’t understand that respect.

Of course they weren't getting any of my business anyway, this is just one more reason why.

Tinman....

kettlebell03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    I am unfortunately still on Piazza's mailing list for his stupid blog, so I saw this video that he sent out. Like everyone else, I was appalled that Piazza would use this video as a means of generating business for Front Sight.

What really angered me, though, was the arrogance of this man. He says in his post that the officer should have "stopped the screaming" and acted. And makes the erroneous presumption that taking a front sight course would have given the deputy the tools that he would have needed to survive this encounter. What a bunch of crap. It's easy for him (a man who has never served in law enforcement, nor the military, nor ever had to face down the proverbial "elephant") to say what the officer should have done. How dare he arm-chair analyze this incident, and then tell his readers that by attending a "4 day defensive hand gun course" they would be better trained (read: able to survive this incident) than the deputy. This man is a snake, and everything that comes out of his mouth is deceitful.

One day the facade that is front sight will crumble. I belive his claims of front sight's business doubling are false, and are just another erroneous claim to further the image of his gun-owner's utopia. I would challenge Piazza to place the financial statements of Frontsight online for the public to view if he wants to prove me wrong.

Ultimately, this man is a joke.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Frontsite aside...

Personally, I think everyone who owns a gun for defense should see this video. It puts the reality of the world in distinct perspective.

Tragedy that it is, if you can seperate yourself from the emotion, there is a lot to be learned.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    while this video is tragic over the year's these videos have saved others, much like the Texas deputy ambush and killing that made the news and web for years.. Pzza boy as i have said here and other spots is a tool his training does not make fighters it makes shooters and people feel good and false hope.... he was wrong using this, but it also serves as a reminder

if you knew you would be fighting for your life tomorrow, would you change the way you trained today?

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I first saw this video in 2008 at a Street Survival Seminar. The video has a lot of background about the department that can make it a useful teaching tool for different reasons.

Frontsight using it in this manner is down right low. This Officer paid with his life because of his administration and lack of training at this department.

I will NEVER attend any training provide or related to Frontsight.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    It is my understanding that this Deputy had recently been reprimanded for excessive use of force when he drew his weapon during another encounter and that this may have a lot to do with why he acted as he did....

Tragic situation made worse by Front Sight.

Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    NRA drops Front Sight ads

From another site:
    Email:

All:

We will not accept future ads from the Front Sight Institute. Unfortunately, the March issue is already printed, so it's too late to pull that ad.

Jim Handlon
    Marketing Manager
    NRA Publications
    (703) 267-1323
    JHandlon@nrahq.org

Great News!!!

Buckaroo

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Buckaroo, while I totally agree with you on this post I must tell you that you really must contain your disgust when typing a letter. No one is going to read past your first line and the message will be lost in the circular file. Too badd too because the rest of your note was very good.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have no problem with this video used as a training tool. In a private class room. I have astronomical issues with it being used as a marketing tool!

Top Bottom