• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    What does everyone think of paintball? Do you think it could be good mental training for real world combat? I know it sounds weird. But you have ever played paintball you know what your adrenaline does... Whats everyone think?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    There really isnt anything that will MENTALLY prepare you for real world combat... sure you can train so your PHYSICAL skills are muscle memory making your reactions to contact quicker and more appropriate, but until you have been in "real world combat" nothing can prepare your mind for it... nothing.

ilfishin

I don't like this
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I think all of the above is true. I do think that with practice you can teach yourself to communicate well and stay calm in a hectic atmosphere. At least that's one of the things I've gotten from it.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    much like shooter, I also played some serious paintball in a former life.

I played semi-pro woodsball and speedball.

While it may give you a little bit of insight, your mindset while going in is completely different. If you get shot your out, you get to live. Not the case in real combat.

Similar to paying poker for nothing. Sure you are betting, but you aren't out anything if you loose.

TFin04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    Cleveland
    I played professional paintball for years before getting into guns. In fact, some clips from me/my team are still shown on ESPN and OLN from time to time.

Paintball taught me good trigger and muzzle discipline, as the electronic guns go off at the click of a mouse, and you frequently have team members in front of you. It also made me comfortable moving and shooting with a gun-like object in my hand.

Past a few technical details listed above, no, it is not a good training tool for 'real life' defensive encounters.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I use to play tournament paintball & really nothing to prepare you for a real defense situation .If you play in a woods (scenario style)it can hone your stalking skills but the paintball trajectory is nothing like the real thing.Actually used to be on the same paintball team with shooter521 in my other life as well

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    I have played the great sport of paintball for 13 years now and am currently rostered with ilfishin (hi Joe :) )

One thing paintball has taught me more than anything is situational awareness and firearm discipline (sp?) It's taught me to work with others on the team as a unit to achieve a common goal. I see how some of what a person can learn in paintball could be taken to combat but very few points can directly translate over.

Just my .02

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I have also played my fair share of paintball (since I was 17 ). I even owned Paintball Indiana at one time ( one of the original owners ). There are some things paintball can help you with but,, You have to remember paintball is just a game..!!!

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Futureball Factory" Thats a name I haven't heard in a LONG time.

Anyone happen to remember Jokers Wild or Team Wiseguys? Dank All-Stars for a really obscure team name.

Jeez....I was a whore. Let's see...

Outkast, Tippmann Effect, Detroit Fusion, Atomix Factory, Evil Factory, Futureball Factory

I think that's all of them.

TFin04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    Cleveland
    Futureball has been around for a while, but they were still fielding a team as recent as 2005 I think. I worked for FB all throughout highschool. A lot of good teams were based out of there. I played my last event with them in 2004 at Huntington Beach. Jokers Wild was a team that I think the owner of FB played on for a while...at least 10-15 years ago. Wiseguys were still around when I was still playing, though I think they did more of the local circuit stuff and not many national events.

FB Factory in 04:

TomHB.jpg

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    :rockwoot:Wow....I'm getting the feeling that we should organize an INGO paintball outing......

I played regularly for a while 10+ years ago as a teenager. Nothing serious. 2 years ago I picked up an Invert Mini in an effort to get back to it.....I took the marker out twice and it's been sitting there ever since.:dunno:.....I'd be up for some friendly games;)

Top Bottom