• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    When an instructor has both knowledge and passion for their subject matter, you know that you'll end up with a great class. That was exactly what we had in Redneckmedic's Trauma Class. I learned so much that I really need more time to fully absorb it all.

Redneckmedic was accompanied by Indygunworks and also RotorTalker. Each provided a wealth of information, and fully answered all questions that we had.

The class first started with an introduction to combat care. Indygunworks went over treatment during a dynamic situation, and when to and when not to provide treatment. For instance, if you are ever in a situation where you are under active fire, do not try to play the hero, rush into the hail of bullets, and start bandaging up your fallen friend. That might work in Hollywood, but in real life will probably get you killed.

Indygunworks also went over tourniquets, and when and how to use them. It used to be that tourniquets were used as a last resort (that's what I always thought of them as), but now in combat situations the armed forces are actually using them as almost a first treatment. I found out that a tourniquet can be placed on a lim for up to six hours, and the limb still survive without damage. That is, of course, if you use the tourniquet properly.

Redneckmedic went over a lot of basic medical information, including an intro to the vascular system, shick, and some trauma statistics. We then went to some hands on training, dealing with "wounded" individuals. Redneckmedic knows a firefighter who went through some very extensive training on creating convincing wounds, and made up a couple of victims for us to study. It was so realistic that it could have passed pretty well on a big production Hollywood set. Hopefully someone will post pictures later, because I remember at least one person was there with a camera. We studied three victims, analyzing how the wounds were caused, and also how to treat the wounds.

RotorTalker talked more about wounds, specifically on entrance/exit holes, wound cavities, and the physics of wound creation. It was fascinating to see exactly what the internal damage caused by a knife or gunshot would look like, and exactly how traumitizing it is to the body.

We ended the class with going over Redneckmedics and RotorTalkers gear. Each one had a good first aid kit, and Redneckmedic said that he will keep this type of a kit in his car. We talked about what to pack in them, and also some tips on where to buy these items. We even talked about getting a group buy for some basic medical supplies to help keep costs down.

All in all, it was a perfect class, and if Redneckmedic offers it again I would highly recommend that everyone takes it. We slated the class for two hours, and all but two people stayed for over five hours, asking more questions and learning more. Reps to the instructors, you guys did a great job.

Last edited by a moderator:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Bruenor did a great job describing today's class. Many thanks to Redneckmedic, Indygunworks, and Rotor Talker. :bowdown:

Sorry I didn't catch the name of the makeup artist. He must be able to put together great zombies at Holloween. :eek:

One warning... This class is not for those with very weak stomachs, but then if you are thinking doing any trauma care without being able to deal with some gore, you are in the wrong place anyway.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Also thanks to IGW for being a willing "victim" along with his wife. Plus the info he gave us at the begining of the class. I"m going to look into one of those tourniquets real soon.

And btw, IGW I tried to rep you, but it says I've given out too much in the last 24 hours. yet I've only repped 2-3 people:dunno: sorry.

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY

P Starr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I would really like to thank everyone involved for yesterday's excellent Trauma Class. I learned a lot and while I hope to never have to use any of the information or training received I do feel that the knowledge received will help me to better respond in the event of a crisis.

I hope that there will be more classes and learning opportunities in the future. I just hope that we will be allotted more time in future classes so that we can better cover the information needed and not feel rushed.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Mrs. and I both learned a lot at this class, even though we got in late. Many thanks to RedneckMedic for putting this on and Rotortalker and IndyGunWorks for teaching as well.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Redneckmedic's Trauma Class ***Pic Heavy***

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...edic_s_trauma_class_-_after_class_report.html

PICS ARE IN!!!!!
    THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO ATTENDED!

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture015-1.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture001.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Those are some very real looking wounds. But man, that person that lost a thumb and has the forearm wound really needs to figure out what is wrong with their face!!! :D

Sounds like a great class. My wife and I go through basic CPR and first aid training/recertification every year, so know the basics, and it looks like this is a great continuation of that sort of preparedness.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Willphill12
    Top Bottom